Ludwig Heinrich Schlosser
Schlosser came from a pastor's family. Both his father Johann Philipp Schlosser and his grandfather Johannes Schlosser were court preachers . Like his brother Philipp Casimir Schlosser , he first attended the pedagogy in Darmstadt from 1671 to 1680 and then went to the University of Giessen in 1680 . There his older stepbrother Johann Daniel Arcularius took care of him, who taught there as a professor of theology. The two brothers went to Frankfurt am Main in 1686, where the older brother moved to the Ministry of Preachers and Ludwig Heinrich Schlosser took the preacher's examination.
Schlosser followed in 1687, after having passed his exams, a call to the education department in his hometown Darmstadt. In 1892 he was appointed vice principal at the institution . In 1896 he left Darmstadt and followed a call to the Frankfurt high school . On June 9, 1696 he took up the new office, on July 2 he received the citizenship of the city of Frankfurt am Main.
Schlosser did not remain a teacher for long, but tried to find a new professional direction. He gave an election sermon and in 1697 became pastor at the Katharinenkirche . In 1719 he became a Sunday preacher there. He died of a stroke in 1723 .
42 hymns by Schlosser are known, including:
- Jesus accepts sinners - that's why I don't want to despair , 1693.
- Take care of me in all distress , 1701.
- Angry God, be prayed for , 1719.
- The God-sanctified prayer chamber , Bauer, Frankfurt am Main, 2nd edition 1706.
- Silent praise of God in spiritual Zion , Andreae, Frankfurt am Main, 3rd edition 1724.
- Hermann Dechent : locksmith, Ludwig Heinrich . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 31, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1890, pp. 548-550.
- Friedrich Wilhelm Strieder : Basis for a Hessian scholar and writer story: from the Reformation to the present day , Volume XIII, Griesbach, Kassel 1802, p. 51 ( digitized in the Google book search).
- Locksmith, Johann Heinrich Ludwig. Hessian biography (as of February 12, 2014). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS). Hessian State Office for Historical Cultural Studies (HLGL), accessed on October 14, 2016 .
- Works by and about Ludwig Heinrich Schlosser in the German Digital Library
|SURNAME||Schlosser, Ludwig Heinrich|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schlosser, Johann Ludwig Heinrich (full name); Ludwig, Heinrich|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant clergyman, teacher and song poet|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 7, 1663|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Darmstadt|
|DATE OF DEATH||August 8, 1723|
|Place of death||Frankfurt am Main|