Ludwig von Stockert
Ludwig von Stockert was the son of the engineer and central inspector of the Kaiser-Ferdinand-Nordbahn, who was knighted in 1874, Franz Emanuel Andreas Ritter von Stockert and his wife Leopoldine nee. Shimak. He graduated from the Academic Gymnasium in Vienna in 1871 . He was then a student at the Technical University of Vienna until 1876 and then attended physical, mathematical and philosophical lectures at the University of Vienna .
As an engineer , later train conveyance inspector, he worked at Kaiser Ferdinands-Nordbahn , where he was involved in the development of a friction brake and a safety clutch. During this time he also worked as a consultant for the Association of German Railway Administrations . He went on study trips to Germany, Belgium and England.
After his time as a railway engineer, he became a private lecturer in railway engineering and railway operations at the Vienna University of Technology in 1901 . His further university career led in 1903 from honorary lecturer for railway equipment to an extraordinary professorship (1906) to full professorship for railway engineering in 1919. With the nobility annulment law of 1919 he lost the title of "knight". In 1923 he retired and was appointed councilor .
From 1926 he lived in Montevideo.
- Locomotive construction in the United States of America at the time of the exh. of St. Louis 1904 to 1905
- Ludwig von Stockert: Building and setting up the locomotive: concise manual . Graeser, Vienna 1907.
- Ludwig von Stockert: Handbook of the railway machinery . tape 1-3 . Springer, Berlin 1908, p. 433 .
- Ludwig Ritter von Stockert: Railway accidents. A contribution to railway operations theory . tape 1 + 2 . Engelmann, Leipzig 1913.
- Ludwig von Stockert: Railway accidents (new episode). Another contribution to railroad management. tape 1 + 2 . Urban, Vienna 1920.
- Employee to: V. Röll, Encyclopedia of the entire railway system, 7 vols., 1890–95, 2nd edition 1912–23
- G. Luxbacher: Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815–1950 (ÖBL). Volume 13, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 2007–2010, ISBN 978-3-7001-6963-5 , pp. 275 f. (Direct links on , ). In:
- Franz Emanuel Andreas STOCKERT. Verein für Computergenealogie eV, accessed on January 19, 2017 .
|SURNAME||Stockert, Ludwig von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Stockert, Ludwig Ritter von; Stockert, Ludwig|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian railway engineer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 7, 1853|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Freistadt , Austrian Silesia|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 30, 1929|
|Place of death||Montevideo , Uruguay|