|developer||Lynx Software Technologies|
|Current version||7.0 (June 5, 2013)|
|Architecture (s)||ARM , PowerPC , x86 , MIPS|
Although the application areas include predominantly critical applications in military, aerospace and aerospace , medical, industrial process and control systems as well as telecommunications and consumer electronics.
In 2003, the further development was divided into the main branch LynxOS and the secondary branch LynxOS-178 , which meets the special requirements of avionics and guarantees certifiability according to DO-178B . For this purpose, it fulfills the formal requirements for SW Requirement Process, SW Design Process, SW Coding Process & SW Integration Process as well as the functional requirements for error isolation, which correspond to the requirements for the SW architecture.
Some basic features of the system are:
- meets tough real-time requirements
- MMU -based memory protection and management of the virtual address space up to 2 GB main memory
- Multithreading and unlimited preemptive multitasking
- Symmetric MultiProcessing (SMP)
- POSIX 1003.1, ABI compatibility with UNIX System V Release 3 and Linux 2.6
- The performance can be increased linearly with additional hardware
- LynuxWorks Announces LynxOS 7.0 with New Security Features to Protect Embedded Connected Devices , June 5, 2013
- Details ( Memento of the original from August 29, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.