Maria Gustava is a diplomat from Mozambique . She is the ambassador of her home country to the People's Republic of China .
Gustava joined the Mozambican Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1989. In 1991 she received an Honors Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy from the Higher Institute for International Relations in Mozambique and in 1997 she graduated from Monash University , Australia , with a Masters degree in Foreign Policy and Trade. Gustava has held various positions within the Ministry, including Head of the Multilateral Economic Relations Department, Deputy Director for International Organizations and Conferences, Deputy Director of Study Planning and Information, and Deputy Head of Mozambique's Diplomatic Mission in South Africa . After all, Gustava was Director General for the Asia and Oceania regions in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In 2004 Gustava received an honorary diploma from the Mozambique government for her contribution to the successful preparation of three international summits in Maputo that year: the New Partnership for Africa's Development Summit (NEPAD), the World Economic Forum's Summit on the African Economy and the Group Summit of the African, Caribbean and Pacific countries . Gustava received another honorary diploma for her contribution to the success of the brainstorming workshop in the President's office from 2005 to 2014.
From February 2016 to January 2018 Gustava was Mozambique's ambassador in Jakarta , with the accreditation as ambassador for Indonesia , East Timor and Thailand (accreditation: August 15, 2016) and as high commissioner for Singapore (accreditation: May 16, 2016) and Malaysia . Then she was appointed Mozambique's new ambassador to the People's Republic of China on January 8th by President Filipe Nyusi . She succeeded Aires Ali , who held the office until October 2017. On March 15, 2018, Gustava gave a copy of her accreditation to Wang Lutong, Deputy Director General of the Protocol Department of the Chinese Foreign Ministry. On March 23, the accreditation was handed over to China's President Xi Jinping in the Great Hall of the People .
Maria Gustava is married and has three children.
- ↑ a b c d e Singapore Foreign Office: MFA Press Statement: Presentation of Credentials Ceremony, May 19, 2016 , May 19, 2016 , accessed November 2, 2019.
- ^ Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand: The Embassy of the Republic of Mozambique , accessed November 2, 2019.
- ^ Club of Mozambique: Maria Gustava appointed Mozambique's new ambassador to China , January 8, 2018 , accessed on November 2, 2019.
- ↑ Foreign Ministry of the People's Republic of China: Deputy Director-General of the Protocol Department of the Foreign Ministry Wang Lutong Accepts Copy of Credentials from Newly-appointed Mozambican Ambassador to China , March 15, 2018 , accessed on November 2, 2019.
- ↑ Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Grenada: Xi Jinping Accepts Credentials from Six Newly-appointed Ambassadors to China , March 15, 2018 , accessed on November 2, 2019.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Mozambican ambassador|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20th century|