Melbourne , Australia
|President and Vice-Chancellor|
The Monash University is one of the eight leading Australian universities ( Group of Eight ) and adjacent to the University of Melbourne one of the two major universities in Melbourne , the capital of the Australian state of Victoria .
It was founded in 1958 in the Melbourne suburb of Clayton and named after John Monash - an Australian engineer and general during the First World War .
Management and faculties
The university is headed by a Vice Chancellor and President; 14 Deputy Vice Chancellors as well as three Vice Presidents and the President of the Academic Board of Directors also belong to the management. The management is responsible to the University Council, which together sets the guidelines and is responsible for financial planning and academic affairs.
Monash is divided into ten faculties , which in turn are divided into departments :
- Faculty of Art and Design
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Pharmacy .
There are eight campus areas , including in Malaysia , South Africa and Europe :
- Berwick campus
- Caulfield campus
- Clayton campus
- Gippsland campus
- Parkville campus
- Peninsula campus
- Sunway campus
- South Africa :
- Prato Center
- IITB Research Academy
- ↑ "I'm still learning"
- ^ Senior Monash staff. Retrieved August 2, 2019 .
- ↑ a b Annual Report 2010 (PDF; 4.7 MB), accessed on October 25, 2011.
- ^ Group of Eight Member Profiles , accessed October 25, 2011.
- ^ A proud history , accessed October 25, 2011.
- ↑ Senior Staff , accessed October 25, 2011.
- ^ Council , accessed October 25, 2011.
- ^ Faculties , accessed October 25, 2011.
- ^ Monash Campuses , accessed October 25, 2011.
Coordinates: 37 ° 54 ′ 29.9 ″ S , 145 ° 8 ′ 16.8 ″ E