Maria Moog-Grünewald (born November 19, 1947 in Worms ) is a German literary scholar . From 1992 to 2014 she held the chair for Romance Philology and Comparative Literature at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen .
After studying Classical Philology and Romance Philology at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz and La Sapienza University in Rome as well as the first and second state exams for teaching at grammar schools, she was a research assistant at the Department of Comparative Literature at the German Department of the Rhenish Department Friedrich Wilhelms University of Bonn . It was 1977 in Comparative Literature with a dissertation on Ovid - Reception doctorate (PhD supervisor: Erwin Koppen ). The dissertation was awarded the Prize of the Society of Friends of the University of Bonn. In 1985 habilitated them with a study of Jacob Heinrich Meister and the European Enlightenment and received the Venia legendi of Comparative Literature. Subsequently she was a professor. Z. in Bonn until 1991, after which she was a professor for Italian philology in Tübingen and was appointed full professor in 1992.
Moog-Grünewald's research and teaching focuses on aesthetics , poetics , ecphrasis , the relationship between modernity and antiquity in philosophy, literature and art, Giordano Bruno and the reception of ancient mythology from the beginnings to the present. From 1993 to 1999 she was chairwoman of the German Society for General and Comparative Literature Studies (DGAVL). From 1999 to 2016 she was co-editor of the magazine for aesthetics and general art history . From 2010 to 2011 she was a Fellow at the International Morphomata College , from 2012 to 2013 she was a Senior Fellow at the Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskolleg Greifswald .
- Giordano Bruno: "The Heroic Passions" , Hamburg 2017.
- What is poetry? , Heidelberg 2008.
- Jakob Heinrich Meister and the »Correspondance littéraire« - A Contribution to Enlightenment in Europe , Berlin / New York 1989.
- Metamorphoses of the "Metamorphoses" - modes of reception of the Ovid metamorphosis stories in Italy and France in the XVI. and XVII. Century , Heidelberg 1979.
- Myth Reception - Ancient Mythology in Literature, Music and Art from the Beginnings to the Present (ed.), Stuttgart / Weimar 2008 (= Der Neue Pauly , Supplement 5).
- Moralistics - Explorations and Perspectives (Ed. With Rudolf Behrens), Munich 2010.
- Aesthetics in times of critical metaphysics - 100 years "Journal for Aesthetics and General Art History" (edited with Josef Früchtl), Hamburg 2007.
- EROS - On the aestheticization of a (new) Platonic philosophy in modern times and modern times (ed.), Heidelberg 2006.
- Autobiographical writing and philosophical self-care (ed.), Heidelberg 2004.
- Apocalypse: the beginning in the end (Ed. With Verena Olejniczak Lobsien ), Heidelberg 2003.
- The New - A Figure of Thought of Modernity (Ed.), Heidelberg 2002.
- Bewitched by pictures? - Causes, functions and perspectives of the textual fascination through images (Ed. With Heinz Drügh), Heidelberg 2001.
- Contingency and Ordo - Self-Justification of Narration in Modern Times (Ed. With Bernhard Greiner ), Heidelberg 2000.
- Canon and Theory (Ed.), Heidelberg 1997.
- Homepage at the University of Tübingen
- Literature by and about Maria Moog-Grünewald in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Romance studies and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 19, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Worms|