Maria Speth initially received acting lessons, but then worked as an assistant editor and director for various cinema and television productions. From 1996 to 2002 she studied directing at the University of Film and Television "Konrad Wolf" in Potsdam-Babelsberg. After a few short films, she made her award-winning debut In 2001 , with which she graduated from directing. Maria Speth wrote the scripts herself for all of her films. Together with cameraman Reinhold Vorneider , she designed the photographic look of her feature films.
Maria Speth founded the film production company Madonnen Film UG in 2008 and used it to produce her first documentary film 9 Leben , for which she wrote the script, directed and edited.
- 1991: love at first sight (assistant editor)
- 1993: We can do it differently ... (assistant editor)
- 1992: Everything Lie (Acting)
- 1992: The Sun Goddess (assistant director)
- 1995: The Secret (assistant director, prop, costumes, mask)
- 1999: Barefoot (Director, Screenplay)
- 2001: Into the Day (English title: The Days Between ) (Director, Screenplay)
- 2007: Madonnen (English title: Madonnas ) (director, screenplay, editor)
- 2011: 9 lives (director, screenplay, editor, production)
- 2014: Daughters (Director, Screenplay, Production)
- 3sat promotion award for barefoot , 1999
- VPRO Tiger Award in Rotterdam, Grand Jury Prize of the International Women's Film Festival in Créteil, MFG star for Into the Day
- Hessian Film Prize 2007, “Silver Astor” for Sandra Hüller for her leading role at the Festival Internacional de Cine in Mar del Plata as best female actress for Madonna , performance 2007 at the Berlin International Film Festival in the Forum
- DEFA Foundation Award for 9 Lives at the Leipzig International Documentary Film Festival 2010; German director award METROPOLIS for "9 Lives"
- Advancement award for film and media art as part of the art award of the Academy of the Arts, 2011
- Maria Speth in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Maria Speth at filmportal.de
- Sven Jachmann: From Portrait to Apotheosis , in: Filmgazette , accessed on December 16, 2012
- Mareike Post: Exground Filmfest 2011 : Viewing the street. Urbanity in the German documentaries "9 Leben" and "Pushed" , in: NEGATIV from November 25, 2011, accessed on February 8, 2016
- Biography of Maria Speth. In: f-films.deutsches-filminstitut.de. German Film Institute , accessed on October 31, 2016 .
- Maria Speth. In: filmportal.de . German Film Institute , accessed on October 31, 2016 .
- MadonnenFilm Profile. In: madonnenfilm.de. Madonnen Film GmbH, accessed on October 31, 2016 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German film director and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||19th August 1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tittling , Bavaria , Germany|