Marie-Luise Recker studied history and Romance studies at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster and was born in 1974 with the study of England and the Danube region 1919–1929. PhD in Problems of a European Post-War Order. In 1983 she completed her habilitation at the University of Münster with a thesis on National Socialist social policy in the Second World War and was professor there from 1984 to 1989.
Since 1990 Recker has held the chair for modern history at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main . She has now retired.
Recker's main research areas include a. British foreign policy, the history of the “Third Reich” and the history of parliamentarism. She is chairwoman of the Frankfurt Historical Commission and author of Volume 8 of the Encyclopedia of German History, The Foreign Policy of the Third Reich . From 2012 to 2018 she was chair of the Commission on the History of Parliamentarism and Political Parties .
- England and the Danube region. 1919-1929. Problems of a European post-war order (= publications of the German Historical Institute London , Vol. 3). Klett, Stuttgart 1976, ISBN 3-12-906850-3 .
- National Socialist Social Policy in the Second World War . Oldenbourg, Munich 1985, ISBN 3-486-52801-7 .
- The foreign policy of the Third Reich. (= Encyclopedia of German History . Vol. 8). Oldenbourg, 2nd edition, Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-486-59182-8 (first edition Oldenbourg, Munich 1990, ISBN 3-486-55511-1 ).
- History of the Federal Republic of Germany. Beck, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-406-43315-4 .
- Parliamentarism in the Federal Republic of Germany. The German Bundestag 1949–1969 (= Handbook of the History of German Parliamentarism ). Droste, Düsseldorf 2018, ISBN 978-3-7700-5341-4 .
- Literature by and about Marie-Luise Recker in the catalog of the German National Library
- Marie-Luise Recker on the website of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University ( Memento from April 15, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) (archive version)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 6, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Osnabrück|