From 1975 to 1981 Diefenbacher studied history, German, Middle Latin philology and political science at the universities of Tübingen , Vienna and Marburg . From 1983 to 1985 he completed the archival preparatory service as a trainee lawyer for the state of Baden-Württemberg at the archive school in Marburg . He then began his archival career at the main state archive in Stuttgart . In 1985 he moved to the Nuremberg City Archives , which he took over in 1990.
- with Johannes Müllner: The Annals of the Imperial City of Nuremberg from 1623. III: 1470–1544. Nuremberg 2003.
- Literature by and about Michael Diefenbacher in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography of Michael Diefenbacher
- Short biography of Diefenbacher in the European Business Network
- Rudolf Endres, Michael Diefenbacher (ed.): Stadtlexikon Nürnberg. Tümmels, Nuremberg 1999; 2nd, improved edition, ibid. 2000, ISBN 3-921590-69-8 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German archivist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 13, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Heilbronn|