Michael Rutz (born October 10, 1951 in Coburg ) is a German journalist . He was editor-in-chief of the weekly newspaper Rheinischer Merkur until it was dissolved in November 2010. Since 2011 he has been the managing partner of Prof. Rutz Communications GmbH, Berlin.
Michael Rutz was born on October 10, 1951 in Coburg. After graduating from high school, he completed a newspaper traineeship at the daily newspaper Neue Presse (Coburg) . 1972 to 1976 he studied economics and law at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg and has been involved in his student association K.D.St.V. since 1975. Thuringia . From 1976 to 1980 he worked for Bayerischer Rundfunk as a business editor for radio. 1980 and 1981 he was radio correspondent abroad (USA and Great Britain). From 1982 to 1985 he was a consultant for the Broadcasting Council. In 1985 Michael Rutz became head of the BR radio business department. From 1987 to 1989 he was deputy. Editor-in-chief of BR television and head of the Politics and Current Affairs department .
In 1989 he became editor-in-chief of Sat.1 . In 1994 he moved to Rheinischer Merkur , where he worked as editor-in-chief until he was hired in 2010 and from 2002 as program manager of Merkur-TV (www.merkur.tv), and since 2004 also as publisher of the film magazine film-dienst and the specialist media service Funkkorrespondenz .
Michael Rutz is married, has three children and lives with his family in Egestorf in the Lüneburg Heath.
He is the author of numerous political documentaries
- Schäuble's case (ARD, 2001)
- Helmut Kohl - A German Chancellor (ARD, 2003 together with Stephan Lamby )
- The Stinnes Empire (WDR, 2005)
- Merkel's power - in the footsteps of the Chancellor (ARD, 2008, together with Stephan Lamby ),
- The Red Atom (NDR, 2008)
- Dream job diplomat? (ARD, 2009, together with Silke Gondolf ).
Rutz is a member of the steering committee of the German-Russian Petersburg Dialogue and a board member of the German-Russian Forum . Since December 2017 he has been President of the Guardini Foundation , Berlin.
- Ernst Schneider Prize 1978 and 1982
- German SME Award 1987
- Federal Cross of Merit 1st Class 1999
- Hans Klein Media Prize 2004
- New beginnings in education policy. Roman Herzog's speech and 25 answers , Munich 1997 ( ISBN 3-442-15001-9 )
- together with Manfred Alflen et al .: The Byte Society. Information technology changes our lives , Munich 1999, ISBN 3-7892-8011-9 .
- together with Ludger Kühnhardt : The rediscovery of Europe. A walk through past and present , Stuttgart 1999, ISBN 3-421-05286-7 .
- Justice is possible. What matters in Germany and the world, Freiburg i.Br. 2015, ISBN 978-3-451-33535-8 .
- (Ed.): One Alley for Freedom: What has to be defended today , Freiburg; Basel; Vienna: Herder 2016, ISBN 978-3-451-37595-8 .
- Why in solidarity? Between egoism and charity, Freiburg i.Br. 2017, ISBN 978-3-451-37809-6 .
- Endangered World - Insights and Ways out , Freiburg i.Br. 2018, ISBN 978-3-451-39986-2
- About Germany - relegation or departure? , Freiburg i.Br. 2019, ISBN 978-3-451-39975-6
- Concerned about Europe - building blocks for a common identity, Freiburg i.Br. 2019, ISBN 978-3-451-03249-3 .
- Literature by and about Michael Rutz in the catalog of the German National Library
- Biography of Michael Rutz (Rheinischer Merkur) ( Memento from October 21, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- Michael Rutz in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- michaelrutz.de/: My point of view, comments at the time
- index of CV 2007, p. N-99.
- The end for the Rhenish Mercury. Today the last edition of the Catholic weekly paper appears. Deutschlandfunk, November 25, 2010
- list of CV 2007, p. V-600.
- Helmut Kohl - Interview, documentary and articles - DasErste.de .
- Franziska Augstein: Lesson for those hungry for power . March 24, 2015.
- Members of the Petersburg Dialogue from the German side - Petersburg Dialogue .
- German-Russian Forum eV - Social initiative to promote German-Russian relations .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 10, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Coburg|