Mikhail Makarovich Sashin
Mikhail Sashin studied at the Russian Academy of Arts in Saint Petersburg between 1834 and 1840 , of which he became an academician in 1855. In 1844 he moved to the Ukraine, met Taras Shevchenko in Kiev , whom he probably already knew from Saint Petersburg, and worked with him. With Shevchenko he lived from 1846 until his arrest in 1847, near the Maidan in central Kiev, a house, which now houses the Literary Memorial House / Museum of Taras Shevchenko ( Ukrainian Літературно-меморіальний будинок-музей Тараса Шевченка ), a branch of the National Museum Taras Shevchenko , is located.
His paintings can be found in the latter museum, the National Art Museum of Ukraine in Kiev, the State Russian Museum in Saint Petersburg, and the National Museum in Warsaw . A street in Kiev was named in his honor in 1962.
- entry to Mikhail Saschin in the Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia ; accessed on July 5, 2018 (Ukrainian)
- The ruins of the Golden Gate in Kiev on the official website of the National Museum Taras Shevchenko in Kiev; accessed on July 5, 2018 (Ukrainian)
- Entry on Mikhail Sashin in the Kiev encyclopedia ; accessed on July 5, 2018 (Ukrainian)
- Graphic Michail Makarowitsch Saschin (1818 - 1887) on navy-chf.livejournal.com ; accessed on July 5, 2018 (Ukrainian)
- Interior of the St. Sophia Cathedral in Kiev on dmuseion ; accessed on July 5, 2018
|SURNAME||Sashin, Michail Makarowitsch|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Сажин, Михаил Макарович (Russian)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Russian painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1818|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Galitsch , Kostroma Governorate , Russian Empire|
|DATE OF DEATH||1885|
|Place of death||Omsk , Russian Empire|