Military history journal
|Military history magazine
|Area of Expertise||Military history|
|publishing company||De Gruyter Oldenbourg (Germany)|
|Frequency of publication||half-yearly|
|editor||ZMSBw by Jörg Hillmann and Michael Epkenhans|
The Military History Journal ( MGZ ) is a German military journal on the subject of military history that has been published twice a year since 2000 . Predecessors were the military history messages (MGM) , which appeared from June 15, 1967 to 1999 .
The military history journal is published by the Center for Military History and Social Sciences of the Bundeswehr (ZMSBw) in Potsdam , until 2012 by the Military History Research Office (MGFA) also in Potsdam by Jörg Hillmann and Michael Epkenhans as well as Katherine B. Aaslestad, Ute Daniel , Stig Förster , Bernhard R Kroener , Wilfried Loth , Reiner Pommerin , Hew Strachan and Bernd Wegner . The magazine is published by De Gruyter Oldenbourg in Berlin (until 2013 Munich ). The editorial team is made up of Gabriele Bosch, Jörg Echternkamp , Dorothee Hochstetter, Thorsten Loch , Markus Pöhlmann and Aleksandar-S. Vuletić.
Each issue of the scientific journal contains several essays and larger articles on different epochs and topics of military history , which reflect the state of research and historical discourse. A review section is used to discuss relevant scientific literature. The articles appear in peer review .
- Military history journal (formerly military history reports) at the Center for Military History and Social Sciences of the Bundeswehr
- Military History magazine at Walter de Gruyter
- Military history magazine and military history reports at H-Soz-u-Kult
- Military history magazine at Clio-online
- Record of the magazine MGZ. In: Catalog of the German National Library .
- Record of the magazine MGZ. In: Catalog of the journal database .