Methoxycarbonyl-amino (nitro-2-propylthio-5-phenylimino) -methyl-1-amino-2-ethanesulfonic acid
|Molecular formula||C 14 H 20 N 4 O 7 S 2|
|External identifiers / databases|
|Molar mass||420.5 g · mol -1|
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions .|
Mechanism of action
As with all benzimidazoles, the effect is based on the binding to tubulins of the parasite cell and thus on the inhibition of the formation of microtubules . As a result, vital structural (formation of the cytoskeleton ) and functional processes (absorption of nutrients and transport processes within the parasite cells) are disturbed. After the reserves of the parasite are exhausted, it dies and is excreted after about 2 to 3 days.
When ingested, netobimin itself is not absorbed, but is quickly converted to albendazole in the rumen and ileum . Albendazole is rapidly absorbed, but is rarely found in the blood plasma due to its rapid processing in the liver ( first-pass effect ). Albendazole sulfoxide is formed in the liver and, like albendazole, is anthelmintically active.
- This substance has either not yet been classified with regard to its hazardousness or a reliable and citable source has not yet been found.
- Entry on Netobimin in Pharmawiki , accessed on January 28, 2017.
- LS Richards, GL Zimmerman, DW Weber, SW Dawley, MJ Nelson, DJ Schons: Anthelmintic efficacy of netobimin against naturally acquired gastrointestinal nematodes in yearling heifers . In: Veterinary Parasitology . tape 26 , no. 1-2 , December 1987, pp. 79-85 , doi : 10.1016 / 0304-4017 (87) 90078-1 ( PDF ).
- LS Richards, GL Zimmerman, MJ Nelson, DJ Schons, SW Dawley: The anthelmintic efficacy of netobimin against experimental infections of Fasciola hepatica in sheep . In: Veterinary Parasitology . tape 26 , no. 1-2 , December 1987, pp. 71-77 , doi : 10.1016 / 0304-4017 (87) 90077-x ( PDF ).
- data sheet on pharmazie.com.
- Entry on Netobimin at Vetpharm, accessed on March 8, 2017.