Offset T intersection
An offset T-Intersection (~ offset T-shaped road traffic junction ) is a road traffic junction at the same height , whose secondary direction - compared to a conventional road intersection - has been divided into two branches in order to abolish their fourth conflict in favor of the traffic flow in the main direction. If the two T-shaped branches are built as a Seagull Intersection , the main direction is only stopped once. If there is an increased traffic volume in the secondary direction or if there are no traffic lights, a conventional intersection can be adequate. If the secondary direction is slightly offset, it is advisable to dismantle the conventional intersection, as slow traffic is kept in the main direction for a shorter time.
- Federal Highway Administration (FWHA): Alternative Intersections / Interchanges: Informational Report (AIIR). Chapter 6.3.4, publication number FHWA-HRT-09-060, April 2010, accessed May 2016.
- Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT): Intersection Decision Guide. January 14, 2014, accessed May 2016. p. 43.
- Transportation Research Board : NATIONAL COOPERATIVE HIGHWAY RESEARCH PROGRAM (NCHRP) REPORT 650: Median Intersection Design for Rural High-Speed Divided Highways. 2010, pp. 92–99 (PDF), pp. 84–91 (DOC).
- Federal Highway Administration (FWHA): Intersection Safety Strategies Brochure. Publication number FHWA-SA-08-008, July 2008, accessed May 2016.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers : Convert Two Offset T-Intersections to a Single Four-Legged Intersection. ( Memento of the original from May 10, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Accessed May 2016.
- Institute for Roads and Railways at KIT: Design and Construction of Roads - Part: Road Design. (PDF; 8.44 MB). Retrieved September 7, 2013, pp. SE – 5–18–20, pp. 101–103 (PDF).
- Robert Schnüll, Thomas Richter: Safety comparison of the basic forms of intersection intersections and right-hand offset on roads outside built-up areas. Research on road construction and road traffic technology, issue 683, Federal Ministry of Transport, Road Construction Department 1994.
- Ralf Berger: Models for the evaluation of the traffic safety of country roads. Institute for Transport Planning and Road Traffic, Faculty of Transport Sciences “Friedrich List”, Technical University of Dresden, 2016.
- Benedikt Zierke: Safe design of country roads through defined road types. Faculty V - Traffic and Machine Systems at the Technical University of Berlin, 2010.
- »Stuttgart 21« on our doorstep - Pähl and Raisting fight back! In: oha-zeitung.de. Retrieved June 28, 2017 .