After graduating from high school in Dramburg , he studied classical philology and German literature from 1885 to 1893 at the University of Berlin , the University of Greifswald and the University of Halle . After that he completed the preparatory service for the teaching post in Kolberg and Stettin from until 1895. Then Dross was a high school teacher, first in Gollnow , from 1903 in Stargard in Pomerania . On December 20, 1909, he received the title of high school professor . He died in Stargard on May 27, 1916.
Otto Dross had a penchant for astronomy . He became known as a writer. His last work, Die Liebelose , was published in 1919 after his death; since then, however, his works have not seen any new editions.
- Mars. A world in the struggle for existence. A common study for fans of celestial science . Hartleben, Vienna 1901.
- The sinking of the heather jug. 1908.
- Atonement. Kürschner's Treasure of Books, No. 946. Hillger, Berlin, Leipzig 1914.
- The loveless. Pomeranian Homeland Books, Volume 11. Mallin, Stargard in Pommern 1919.
- Georg von Loeper. In: Our Pommerland . Volume 1, 1912/1913, pp. 410-413.
- Fritz Raeck: Pomeranian literature. Samples and dates. Pomeranian Central Association, Hamburg 1969, p. 326.
- Literature by and about Otto Dross in the catalog of the German National Library
- Otto Dross personnel sheet in the personnel file of the BIL expert body in the archive database of the Library for Research on Educational History (BBF)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer and high school teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 23, 1861|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Naugard|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 27, 1916|
|Place of death||Stargard in Pomerania|