Peter Lorbacher, son of the thoracic surgeon Dr. Wilhelm Lorbacher, has been married to Brigitte L., b. Gymnich and has 4 children and 5 grandchildren. After graduating from high school in Essen-Werden, he studied medicine at the universities of Tübingen, Bonn, Innsbruck, Hamburg and Düsseldorf from 1955 to 1960. In 1960 he was awarded a Dr. med. At Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf with his thesis "Pulmonary hypertension in ductus arteriosus persistens". med. PhD . He did research on cell chemistry and clinical hematology in Bonn, Freiburg and Boston / USA. From 1963 to 1966 he was a fellow of the Görres Society, the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the United States Public Health Service (PHS). In 1968 he was recognized as a specialist in internal medicine.
From 1966 to 1970 Lorbacher was head of the hematological laboratory at the Medical University Clinic in Bonn. In Bonn he completed his habilitation in 1969 with the text "On the distribution of histochemically detectable enzymes in human bone marrow tissue and their importance for clinical-haematological diagnostics" . Their results as well as Lorbacher's lectures on them in various countries in Europe, America and Asia as well as Australia were 10 years later an important contribution to the automation of the differential blood count; meanwhile not only with us, but worldwide, an indispensable part of almost every general medical or internal medical examination. Since 1973 Lorbacher has been an adjunct professor of internal medicine at the Medical Faculty of the University of Bonn . ; Until his retirement he was responsible for the hematology part of the course and internship in clinical chemistry and hematology, a compulsory course for all students of human medicine and dentistry.
Peter Lorbacher is u. a. Member of the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO) , the International Society of Hematology and the German Society for Internal Medicine (DGIM). Together with his Rotary Club Wiesbaden-Kochbrunnen for the German Bone Marrow Donor Center (DKMS) , he volunteers to promote stem cell typing in the population for the treatment and cure of leukemia. In 2002 he received the honorary award of the "Deutsche Stiftung Leben Spenden" and was awarded the Mechtild-Harf-Preis. 2019 Federal Cross of Merit 1st class for his o. G. scientific and voluntary life's work.
Since 1955 Lorbacher has been a member of the Catholic student association KDStV Bavaria Bonn in the CV and was their senior in SS 1958, awarded the honorary ribbon "PRO MERITIS 78.CV Essen 1958". He has been a member of the Rotary Club Wiesbaden-Kochbrunnen since 1980 , was its president in 1986/87 and received the Paul Harris Fellow award in 2000 .
- with R. Fischer and K. Schumacher: About the terminal increase in alkaline leukocyte phosphatase in chronic myelosis. In: Clin. Wschr. 41, 1963, p. 669.
- with C. Buyer: Investigations on the enzyme cytochemical differentiation of leukemic diseases on the section specimen. In: Virchows Arch. Path. Anat. 337, 1964, p. 525.
- On the application of enzyme-histochemical methods on bone marrow tissue obtained by biopsy , Day 10 Dtsch. Ges. Hemat. Tubingen 1964.
- with R. Fischer: About the so-called "nothing dehydrogenase" effect on tissue sections and blood smears. In: TH Schiebler, AGE Pearse, HH Wolff: Second international congress for histo- and cytochemistry. Springer, Berlin / Heidelberg 1964, OCLC 879122045 .
- with LT Yam and WJ Mitus Cytochemical demonstration of beta-glucuronidase activity in blood and bone marrow cells. In: J. Histochemistry and Cytochemistry. 15, 1967, pp. 680-687.
- with KO Vorlaender: On the pathogenesis and clinical features of immunopathological diseases. In: B. Schlegel (Ed.): 74th Congress Wiesbaden, April 22-25 , 1968. Springer-Verlag, Berlin / Heidelberg 1968, ISBN 3-8070-0274-X , pp. 724-740. (books.google.de)
- For diagnostic use of the cytochemical β-glucuroidase detection. In: R. Gross, J. van de Loo (Ed.): Leukemia. Springer-Verlag, Berlin / Heidelberg 1972, ISBN 3-642-65437-1 , pp. 136-142. (books.google.de)
- Morphological bone marrow examination - sternal puncture or iliac crest biopsy. In: Internist. 28, 1987, pp. 551-568.
- Erythropoiesis. In: W. Remmele (Ed.): Pathology. 2nd Edition. Volume 1, Springer Heidelberg 1999, ISBN 3-540-61095-2 , pp. 343-427.
- Kürschner's German Scholars Calendar . Volume 3, Saur Verlag, 2001, p. 1931.
- Who is who? 2001, p. 891.
- picture of science. Volume 14, Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, 1977, p. 18.
- "Honorary Award 2002: Prof. Dr. med. Peter Lorbacher “ ( Memento from December 27, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), DKMS, viewed on December 27, 2016.
- "Prize winners of the DKMS honorary office award" , DKMS, viewed on December 27, 2016.
- Awards: Mechtild Harf Prize , Deutsches Ärzteblatt 2004; 101 (24), accessed December 24, 2016.
- Club and membership directory of Rotarians in the Federal Republic of Germany 2002/2003
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German medic|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 1, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||eat|