Peter Poscharsky, who initially completed an apprenticeship as a carpenter after graduating from high school, studied Protestant theology , classical archeology and art history in Jena , Leipzig , Bonn and Marburg . After an assistantship in Marburg and Erlangen, the doctorate took place in 1962 and the habilitation in 1967 in Erlangen. In 1972 he was appointed professor of Christian archeology at the Protestant Theological Faculty of the University of Münster , and a year later he was appointed to the Chair of Christian Archeology and Art History at the Protestant Theological Faculty of the University of Erlangen . Poscharsky retired on March 31, 2000.
Since 1975 he has been the first chairman of the Association for Christian Art in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria. In this position he published the magazine Kirche + Kunst .
- The pulpit. Manifestations in Protestantism up to the end of the Baroque . Gütersloh 1963 (dissertation)
- New churches, church centers and cemetery chapels in the Braunschweig Evangelical Lutheran Church . Munich 1968
- End of the church building? Stuttgart 1969
- The churches of Franconian Switzerland , ed. from the local history working group in the Franconian Switzerland Association, Erlangen 1993
- (Ed.): The pictures in the Lutheran churches. Iconographic studies . Munich 1998
- Formed Faith. Collected essays from Christian archeology and art history , ed. by Klaus Raschzok . Leipzig 2014
- Press release on the retirement of Peter Poscharsky
- Obituary by Regional Bishop Dr. Dorothea Greiner for Professor Dr. Peter Poscharsky
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant theology, art historian and Christian archaeologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 29, 1932|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 1, 2016|
|Place of death||Nuremberg|