Peter Sallis graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art after his military service in World War II and appeared on the theater stage for the first time in 1946. Since 1947 he was seen in numerous productions, mostly for British television. He played from 1973 to 2010 the role of Norman Clegg in all 295 episodes of the BBC - sitcom Last of the Summer Wine . Sallis also voiced the plasticine figure Wallace from Wallace & Gromit in films, television series and video games.
Sallis was married from 1957 to 2014. The production designer and film architect Crispian Sallis , born in 1959, is his son. Sallis retired in 2012.
On June 2, 2017, Sallis passed away peacefully with his family in Denville Hall, an old people's home for actors in west London, at the age of 96.
- 1947: A Midsummer Night's Dream (TV movie)
- 1956: Anastasia
- 1962: Even the little ones want to go up (The Mouse on the Moon)
- 1965: The wrong ways of passion (Rapture)
- 1969: The living corpses of Dr. Mabuse (Scream and scream again)
- 1970: How does Dracula's blood taste? (Taste the Blood of Dracula)
- 1970: Incest (My Lover My Son)
- 1973–2010: Last of the Summer Wine (TV series, 295 episodes)
- 1978: Die Schlemmer-Orgy (Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?)
- 1982: Witness for the prosecution (TV film) Witness for the prosecution
- 2004: Family connection (Belongings)
- 2005: Wallace & Gromit : The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (voice)
- Actor Peter Sallis dies aged 96. In: bbc.com. British Broadcasting Corporation , June 5, 2017, accessed June 6, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British actor and voice actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 1, 1921|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Twickenham , Middlesex , England , United Kingdom|
|DATE OF DEATH||2nd June 2017|
|Place of death||London Borough of Hillingdon , London , England , United Kingdom|