|Height :||7 m above sea level NN|
|Area :||9.14 km²|
|Residents :||163 (Dec. 31, 2007)|
|Population density :||18 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||June 7, 2009|
|Postal code :||17398|
|Area code :||039726|
Geography and traffic
Rathebur is on federal highway 109 . Anklam is about 21 kilometers northwest and Ueckermünde about 18 kilometers east of the village. The Angermünde – Stralsund railway crosses the district. The place is on the western edge of the Ueckermünder Heide .
Districts of the former municipality of Rathebur were Marienthal and Rathebur.
Rathebur was first mentioned in 1271 as "Ratebur". The Slavic name probably means "The battle-merry".
The early German (from 1230) tower hill on the nearby "Hausberg" was the basis for the later estate.
Around 1865 the village community had a mother church, several parish buildings, 17 residential houses, 30 households, 20 farm buildings, a forge, an inn and a total of 177 residents.
The existing estate dominated the place around 1880. But only the inconspicuous manor house and a farm building (barn) remain. The latter is an interesting building, a combination of field stone, brick and half-timbered construction.
- Tower hill "Hausberg" Rathebur
- Elfi Zinn (born August 24, 1953), track and field athlete
- Manfred Niemeyer: East Western Pomerania. Collection of sources and literature on place names. Vol. 2: Mainland. (= Greifswald contributions to toponymy. Vol. 2), Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald, Institute for Slavic Studies, Greifswald 2001, ISBN 3-86006-149-6 .
- Manfred Niemeyer: Ostvorpommern. Collection of sources and literature on place names. Vol. 2: Mainland. (= Greifswald contributions to toponymy. Vol. 2), Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald, Institute for Slavic Studies, Greifswald 2001, ISBN 3-86006-149-6 . P. 111/112
- Heinrich Berghaus : Land book of the Duchy of Pomerania and the Principality of Rügen . Part II, Volume 1, Anklam 1865, pp. 350-352 online
- StBA: Area changes from January 2nd to December 31st, 2009