Regensburg Botanical Society
The Regensburg Botanical Society , formerly the Royal Bavarian Botanical Society of Regensburg , is a registered association . Its aim is the care and promotion of botany , in particular the research of the native flora, and it supports the efforts of nature conservation .
The society was founded on May 14, 1790 by David Heinrich Hoppe (1760–1846) and is the oldest still existing botanical association in the world. The foundation took place in the open air on the Hoppefelsen, ( protective rock Pentling ) a prominent rock in the nature reserve Max-Schultze-Steig .
From 1791 the society built up a specialist library, which in 1805 comprised 216 titles, and from 1803 maintained a botanical garden . In 1974 the society came under the care of the University of Regensburg and handed the library over to the university on permanent loan .
Well-known members were Johann Wolfgang von Goethe , Alexander von Humboldt and Justus von Liebig . Andreas Bresinsky has been honorary chairman since 1999 , and Peter Poschlod has been 1st chairman since 2007 .
Botanical pocket book for the beginners of this science and the pharmacist's art (Biodiversity Heritage Library) , renamed from 1805 in New Botanical pocket book for the beginners of this science and the pharmacist's art (Biodiversity Heritage Library) .
- This journal, first published in 1790, was the first botanical journal in Germany.
Memoranda of the Regensburg Botanical Society (Biodiversity Heritage Library) , renamed from 1971 (Volume 29) to Hoppea, Memorandum of the Regensburg Botanical Society .
- The first volume of the memoranda was published in 1792 with the title History of the Regensburg Botanical Society together with some essays, speeches and treatises . The first division of the second volume - counted as Volume 1, Division 1, came on the market in 1815. The second section of this volume appeared in 1818, the third part, counted as volume 2, in 1822.
Botanical newspaper which contains reviews, treatises, essays, news and news concerning botany .
- In 1802 the two-week booklet appeared for the first time at the price of four guilders. In 1807 the magazine was discontinued.
- Volume 1 (1802): (University Library Regensburg)
- Volume 2 (1803): (University Library Regensburg)
- Volume 3 (1804): (Regensburg University Library)
- Volume 4 (1805): (Regensburg University Library)
- Volume 5 (1806): (University Library Regensburg)
- Volume 6 (1807): (University Library Regensburg)
Flora or Botanical Newspaper (Biodiversity Heritage Library) .
- In 1818 David Heinrich Hoppe and Christian Friedrich Hornschuch founded Flora as the successor to the Botanische Zeitung.
Regensburg Mycological Writings .
- Contributions to the floristry, systematics and ecology of the mushrooms in Germany with special consideration of Regensburg and Bavaria. The writings have been published by Andreas Bresinsky and Helmut Besl since 1993.
- Wolfgang Ilg: The Regensburg Botanical Society , Regensburg 1984
- Long tradition of knowledge ( Memento of the original from June 6, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Foundation ( Memento of the original from June 6, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed June 6, 2014.