Andreas Bresinsky studied biology , chemistry and soil science at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich . In 1973 he was appointed to a chair in botany at the University of Regensburg . He was also director of the university's botanical garden. After his retirement in 2001, Peter Poschlod succeeded him at the Department of Botany at the University of Regensburg. However, Bresinsky is still active in research. From 1974 to 1999 he was chairman and since 1999 he has been honorary chairman of the Regensburg Botanical Society .
Bresinsky gained particular fame through his collaboration on the standard biological work Strasburger -Lehrbuch der Botanik.
Bresinsky's main research interests in botany are evolution, diversity and the relationship of higher fungi.
Boletus bresinskyanus Garrido 1988. The Chilean mycologist Norberto Garrido from the southern beech forests of Chile described this large boletus . Garrido studied with Bresinsky and received his doctorate with the grade "summa cum laude". After completing his doctorate, Garrido accompanied his doctoral supervisor on a botanical-mycological study trip to Chile.
Schizopora bresinskyi Langer 2000. Hoppea 61: 230 (2000)
honors and awards
- Honorary Chairman of the Regensburg Botanical Society
- Andreas Bresinsky , Christian Körner , Joachim W. Kadereit , Gunther Neuhaus , Uwe Sonnewald : Textbook of botany . Founded by Eduard Strasburger . 36th edition. Spectrum Akademischer Verlag, Heidelberg 2008, ISBN 978-3-8274-1455-7 .
- Peter Sitte , Elmar Weiler , Joachim W. Kadereit , Andreas Bresinsky, Christian Körner : Textbook of botany for universities . Founded by Eduard Strasburger . 35th edition. Spektrum Akademischer Verlag, Heidelberg 2002, ISBN 3-8274-1010-X .
- Peter Schönfelder, Andreas Bresinsky u. a .: Distribution atlas of ferns and flowering plants in Bavaria . Verlag Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart 1990. ISBN 3-8001-3455-1
- Norberto Garrido: Agaricales s. l. and their mycorrhizae in the Nothofagus forests of central Chile. Biblthca Mycol. 120: 95, Schweizerbart, Stuttgart 1988. ISBN 3-443-59021-7
- Andreas Bresinsky: In the context of two world wars, part 2. Self-published, Sinzing 2015. ISBN 978-3-00-047950-2
- Literature by and about Andreas Bresinsky in the catalog of the German National Library
- Author entry and list of the plant names described for Andreas Bresinsky at the IPNI
- http://www.biologie.uni-regensburg.de/Botanik/Bresinsky/index.html (Homepage A. Bresinsky at the University of Regensburg)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German botanist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 19, 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Reval|