Klapheck published numerous books on architectural history in the Rhineland and Westphalia . Together with Engelbert von Kerckerinck zur Borg , he shaped Alt-Westphalia in their joint plant . The building development in Westphalia since the Renaissance of 1912 used the term Weser Renaissance for the architecture along the Weser in the 16th and 17th centuries with its richly decorated gables and its subsidiary form, the Lipper Renaissance . Klapheck was a full professor of art history at the State Art Academy in Düsseldorf. In 1934 he was defeated by the National Socialists Dismissed from university, he continued to work and publish intensively on architecture and art venues in the Rhineland.
In 1927 he married the art historian Anna von Strümpell ( Anna Klapheck , 1899–1986), who, among other things, supported his art-historical projects with accompanying research. The son Konrad Klapheck , born in 1935, became a painter .
- With Engelbert von Kerckerinck to Borg : Old Westphalia. The building development in Westphalia since the Renaissance. Hoffmann, Stuttgart 1912 ( ULB Münster ).
- Modern villas and country houses. 1913 ( USB Cologne ).
- The New Synagogue in Essen ad Ruhr. 1914 ( Frankfurt University Library, Main ).
- The masters of Schloss Horst im Broiche. The final chapter on the history of the school of Calcar. Wasmuth, Berlin 1915 ( ULB Münster ).
- The art of architecture on the Lower Rhine. Art Association for the Rhineland and Westphalia (ed.), Bagel, Düsseldorf. Volume 1, 1915 ( Internet Archive ). Volume 2, 1916 ( Internet Archive ). The photographs are by Erwin Quedenfeldt .
- The castle buildings of Raesfeld and Honstorff and the 17th century mansions of the Maastal brick architecture. Heimatverlag, Dortmund 1922 ( ULB Münster ).
- Theodor Mintrop. The child prodigy of romance. Heimatverlag, Dortmund 1923 ( ULB Münster ).
- An art journey on the Rhine from Mainz to the Dutch border. Schwann, Düsseldorf 1925 (1st part) / 1926 (2nd part).
- Document of German art. Plant, buildings and interior design of the Gesolei . Düsseldorf 1926.
- The realm memorial for our fallen - the island of the dead in the Rhine. Düsseldorf 1926.
- The art collections of the State Art Academy in Düsseldorf. Strucken, Düsseldorf 1928.
- New architecture in the Rhineland. Schwann, Düsseldorf 1928 ( digitized version )
- Kalkar on the Lower Rhine. Schwann, Düsseldorf 1930.
- The Xanten Cathedral and its art treasures. German art publisher, Berlin 1930
- From the history of the Jews in the Rhineland. Jewish cult and art monuments. Schwann, Düsseldorf 1931.
- Cast glass. Significance, manufacture and use of a German material and building material. Droste, Düsseldorf 1938.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German art historian, professor of art history|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 15, 1883|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||eat|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 23, 1939|
|Place of death||Dusseldorf|