Mühe attended high school in Hildesheim until 1947 . After training as a watchmaker and optician , he began studying physics, mathematics, astronomy and chemistry at the Technical University of Braunschweig . After completing his diploma thesis on electronic watch measurement technology and working at the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt in Braunschweig, he came to the engineering school in Furtwangen , a branch of the Furtwangen watchmaking school , as a lecturer in March 1961 , and helped to look after the historical watch collection there, the German watch museum . After completing his doctorate , he received a professorship for physics , and in the same year he was also appointed head of the historical watch collection. The management was " for the first time in the hands of an expert specially responsible for the collection ".
From 1981 to 1999 he was president of the German Chronometry Society .
Until he left the university in August 1996 and resigned from the management of the museum, he formed “ a future-oriented special museum ” with the acquisition of the Hellmut Kienzle collection in 1975 and the new building of the clock museum in 1992 .
- with Helmut Kahlert : What the wristwatch owes to the pocket watch. In: Uhren Magazin. Volume 5, 1994, pp. 92-100.
- The German Clock Museum: an introduction to the exhibition . German Clock Museum, Furtwangen 1992.
- Wrist watches. In: The German Clock Museum. Furtwangen 1992, pp. 104-108.
- Alarm clock / German Clock Museum Furtwangen . Callwey, Munich 1991, ISBN 3-7667-1000-1 (with Helmut Kahlert , Beatrice Techen).
- Wristwatches: 100 years of development history. 1983; 5th enlarged edition. Callwey, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-7667-1241-1 (with Helmut Kahlert and Gisbert L. Brunner ).
- with Horand M. Vogel: Old clocks. A handbook of European table clocks Wall clocks and floor clocks. Georg DW Callwey, Munich 1976 and more often.
- Literature by and about Richard Mühe in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Richard Mühe in the German Digital Library
- Obituary by Südkurier from January 15, 2009
- Simone von der Geest: For the 150th anniversary of the German Watch Museum in Furtwangen. (PDF; 109 kB) 2002, archived from the original on September 28, 2007 .
- Announcement of the DGC - In Memoriam Prof. Dr. Richard Trouble
- Richard Mühe: The historical clock collection of the state engineering school Furtwangen . In: Engineer studies in practice . 1962, 8th year, issue 7/8.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German watchmaker and physicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lamspringe|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 10, 2009|