Laven teaches as a professor for art didactics at the University of Education in Vienna , at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna , at the University of Applied Arts Vienna and at the University of Vienna .
He is federal chairman of the professional association of Austrian art and craft educators (BÖKWE). Memberships BAG_BILD, Federal Association for Art Education; ÖFEB - Austrian Society for Research and Development in Education; IG Fine Arts; IG Bildrecht; ICOM Austria - International Council of Museums
As a freelance curator and research assistant, he was in charge of the Čižek estate at the Wien Museum . From 1992 he realized projects and took part in symposia and exhibitions. He is the guild master of the Innviertel artists' guild .
Education and artistic career
In 1990 he moved to the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna to the professors Michelangelo Pistoletto , Bruno Gironcoli , Herwig Zens and Edelbert Köb and completed a guest semester with Franz Graf . Also in 1990 he worked under Andreas von Weizsäcker with paper sculptures at the Summer Academy in Salzburg .
He completed his master's degree in 1994 at the Institute for Visual Education and Art Studies at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna under Herwig Zens. In his diploma thesis he dealt with the topic of Viennese kineticism and its influence on pedagogy . He also completed another master's degree in sculpture in 1998 at the Academy of Fine Arts under Michelangelo Pistoletto with the "diploma inspection" (an installation with over 200 bathroom scales).
He finished his doctoral studies at the Academy of Fine Arts with the distinction summa cum laude . His dissertation was entitled Franz Cizek - Reception and relevance of the Viennese youth art class in an international context - No child prodigies or the inner urge of necessity . The publication took place in the science series of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna under the title Franz Cizek und die Wiener Jugendkunst .
- Rolf Laven's website
- Ewald Judt: German: Eisenplastik Per aspera ad astra by Rolf Laven 2011, Barnabitengasse 3, Vienna-Mariahilf. September 4, 2014, accessed May 2, 2019 .
- Business card from Rolf Laven, professor at the University of Education in Vienna, requested on January 4, 2018
- ] a [- Teaching Artistic Education. Accessed February 4, 2018 .
- Contact. Retrieved February 4, 2018 .
- u: find. Retrieved February 4, 2018 .
- Short biography on the website of the University of Education Vienna requested on January 4, 2018
- Lake Constance: Shaping Changes , in: Web presence www.transkultur-bodensee.eu queried on January 4, 2018
- Franz Cizek and the Vienna Youth Art. | SCHLEBRÜGGE.EDITOR. Retrieved February 4, 2018 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German-Austrian sculptor, art teacher and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Jülich|