Red and White Club Giessen
|Surname||Red and White Club Giessen|
|Founded||October 15, 1929|
|Place of foundation||to water|
The Rot-Weiß-Club Gießen is a dance sport club in Gießen . The association was founded on October 15, 1929 on the initiative of Theodor Bäulke. Back then, Bäulke ran the Bäulke dance school, which is considered the oldest dance school in Germany.
The association offers tournament dance , various hobby and popular sports groups as well as children's dance . He also has offers in formation dancing ( standard ) as well as jazz and modern dance . The club's standard formation rose to the 1st Bundesliga Standard in the 2014/2015 season, where it played until the 2016/2017 season.
Successes of the single couples
Wilhelm and Hannelore Wolf won several German championships in standard dances for the club and took medal positions at European championships.
- European championship standard
- 2nd place: 1957
- 3rd place: 1952, 1954, 1956
- German Championship Standard (main group S)
- 1st place: 1955–1957 (in DATV / DPG)
- 2nd place: 1952, 1953
- 3rd place: 1951
- German Championship Standard (Seniors S)
- 1st place: 1958–1961 (in the DATV / DPG)
Ullrich and Carmen Sommer were successful in the Latin American dances . They won several German and regional championships and were also successful at international tournaments.
- Hessian Championship, main group II S
- 1st place: 2000, 2004, 2005
- 2nd place: 1999, 2003, 2007
- 3rd place: 2008-2010
- Hessian Championship, Senior IS
- 1st place: 1998–2009
- 2nd place: 2012
- 3rd place: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
- German Championship, Senior IS
- 1st place: 1998-2001, 2003
- 2nd place: 2002, 2003
- 3rd place: 2005, 2007
- Hessian Championship, Seniors II S
- 1st place: 2012, 2013
- 3rd place: 2014
- Germany Cup, Seniors II S
- 1st place: 2013
- 2nd place: 2012
There was a standard formation in the Rot-Weiß-Club Gießen back in the 1970s. In 2006 a new formation was founded that has been competing in league competitions since the 2006/2007 season. First, the team entered the Oberliga Süd Standard. In the 2008/2009 season, the team then entered the Regionalliga Süd Standard. The team danced in the Regionalliga Süd Standard until the 2010/2011 season - in the 2012/2013 season in formation community with TSC Butzbach - and then rose to the 2nd Bundesliga Standard. At the end of the 2014/2015 season, he was promoted to the 1st Bundesliga Standard. After the 2016/2017 season, the team was relegated to the 2nd Bundesliga Standard.
The club withdrew the formation from the 2nd Bundesliga in the summer of 2017 after a full team could no longer be formed.
Musical themes in recent years have been:
- 2006/2007 and 2007/2008: "Shall we Dance?"
- 2008/2009: "Total TV"
- 2009/2010, 2010/2011 and 2011/2012: "Pirates of the Caribbean"
- 2012/2013 and 2013/2014: "Unchain My Heart"
- 2014/2015 and 2015/2016: "Bohemian Rhapsody"
- 2016/2017: "Amour fatal"
The most recent coaches of the standard formation were Marc Bieler and Patrick Esch.
- The "DATV / DPG" ("German Amateur Dance Sport Association / German Association for the Care of Ballroom Dancing") emerged from the "German Association for the Maintenance of Ballroom Dancing" (DPG), which in turn was the successor to the "Reich Association for Dance Sport" after in April 1955 several north German dance sport clubs had left the DPG and founded their own association, the “Amateur Dance Sport Association of Germany” (ATvD).
- The Oberliga Süd Standard existed until the 2007/2008 season. After not enough standard formations for a regional league and a Oberliga Süd Standard had been reported for the 2008/2009 season, the teams were combined in the Regional League South Standard.
- For 225 years - you can learn to dance at Bäulke , Gießener Allgemeine Zeitung, November 3, 2012. Accessed March 9, 2015.
- Dr. Wilhelm and Hannelore Wolf ( Memento from April 2, 2015 in the Internet Archive ), Rot-Weiß-Club Gießen e. V.
- Two pairs of masters - Victory was hushed up , Der Spiegel 47/1955, November 16, 1955. Retrieved on March 9, 2015.
- Ullrich and Carmen Sommer , Rot-Weiß-Club Gießen e. V. Accessed June 28, 2019.
- Achievements , Carmen and Ullrich Sommer. Retrieved June 28, 2019.
- Successful dress rehearsal of the standard formation of the Rot-Weiß-Club Giessen ( memento from February 25, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), Rot-Weiß-Club Giessen e. V., January 24, 2009.
- Roland von Heu: Subsequent nomination for 2nd Bundesliga Standard , press release, Deutscher Tanzsportverband e. V., July 18, 2017. Accessed July 24, 2017.