Rudolf Frieß , (born April 22, 1881 in Vienna ; † September 4, 1965 ) was a German hunter and author of hunting books with a focus on hunting dogs. He is also referred to as the mentor of the Wachtelhund development from around 1906 or also as the "Wachtelvater". From 1924 to 1935 he was chief forester in the Merzalben forestry office .
- Hunting notes
- The German Wachtelhund
- The ground hunt
- Poacher-hunter-free hunter
- Sins all around the welding work
- Breeding and management of the mountain sweat dog
- Our Hounds (1960)
- Hatz Watz (1950)
- http://www.wachtelhund.de/pdftexte/fries-1.pdf ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archived copy ( Memento of March 3, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German hunter and non-fiction author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 22, 1881|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||4th September 1965|