SON (music project)
|S O H N|
|Genre (s)||Electronica , post-dubstep|
SOHN is an electronica and post-dubstep act from London and Vienna , which is largely more of a solo than a band project by Christopher Taylor and in this respect is identical to him. Occasionally, however, he appeared in his live acts as "SON" with up to seven accompanying musicians.
S O H N was founded in summer 2012 by Christopher Taylor. Taylor is a native of London, lived in Vienna from 2010 and later moved to California with his family. The German-speaking name SOHN was chosen by him according to his own account, because it does not allow any definition of a certain musical style.
After the end of his previous music project Trouble Over Tokyo , the song Oscillate was released on Soundcloud in August 2012 , a month later the song Warnings , and in October 2012 the EP The Wheel . In November 2012, S O H N Lana Del Rey was allowed to remix, followed by remixes for Laura Mvula and Rhye in 2013 . At the beginning of the year, the first live appearance at the Dutch showcase festival Eurosonic followed , and later at the SXSW in Texas. The booking for live concerts was already with the American Windish Agency and the British agency 13artists. On April 18, 2013 it was announced that S O H N had been signed by the British label 4AD . The debut album Tremors was released in April 2014. For the music video Signal , released in September 2016, Taylor worked with Hollywood actress Milla Jovovich , who acted as both an actress and her own director.
Tremors brought Taylor the worldwide breakthrough as a musician, who was booked for numerous appearances around the globe in the following two years. His music is his message, not himself, he believes. In January 2017, the ARD culture magazine ttt - titel, thesen, temperamente published a five-minute article about him on the occasion of the release of his second album race .
- 2014: tremors
- 2017: race
- 2012: The Wheel
- 2013: Bloodflows
- 2013: Lessons
- 2014: Artifice
- 2014: The Chase
- 2016: Signal
- 2016: Conrad
- 2017: race
- 2017: Hard Liquor
- 2018: Hue / Nile
- 2018: Unfold (with Ólafur Arnalds )
- Official website
- SON at Discogs (English)
- S O H N - Synth-Ich-Maschine - Cover story by The Gap , February 1, 2013
- Pop discovery: Son is a master of superficial depth , musician portrait in Die Welt from April 15, 2014, retrieved January 11, 2017
- Chart sources: DE AT CH UK
- Occupied u. a. by his testimony in the ttt article Jan. 2017
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from April 23, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- SON - "Signal" , YouTube Vevovideo accessed September 7, 2016 January 10, 2017
- "Music as a deceleration" ( memento of the original from January 10, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , ttt - title, theses, temperaments, ARD media library Das Erste from January 8, 2017
- The Wheel by SO H N: Reviews and Ratings - Rate Your Music
- SOHN - Conrad (Official Lyric Video) , YouTube video published November 7, 2016, accessed January 10, 2017
- as Vevo music video on YouTube on January 4, 2017 e extraction from the album Rennen (January 13, 2017)
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Taylor, Christopher; Taylor, Christopher Michael|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British singer-songwriter and record producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20th century|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London|