Shangrao ( Chinese 上饶 市 , Pinyin Shàngráo Shì ) is a district-free city in the Chinese province of Jiangxi . The administrative area of the city has an area of 22,791 km² and approx. 6.75 million inhabitants (end of 2016). 298,975 people live in the actual urban settlement area of Shangrao (2010 census). Wu is spoken in Shangrao . Uranium has been mined in Shangrao since the early 1960s ; the mining was important for the development of China's nuclear armed forces.
- Xinzhou City District (信 州 区), 309 km², 372,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- Guangfeng District (广 丰 区), 1,378 km², 801,000 inhabitants;
- District Shangrao (上饶县) km² 2240, 716,000 inhabitants;
- Yushan County (玉山 县), 1,723 km², 554,000 inhabitants, capital: Bingxi Township (冰 溪镇);
- Wuyuan County (婺源县), 2,947 km², 337,000 inhabitants, capital: Ziyang Municipality (紫阳 镇);
- Yiyang County (弋阳 县), 1,593 km², 367,000 inhabitants, capital: Yijiang Township (弋江 镇);
- Hengfeng district (横峰 县), 655 km², 197,000 inhabitants, main town: Cenyang municipality (岑 阳镇);
- Poyang County (鄱阳 县), 4,215 km², 1,439,000 inhabitants, capital: Poyang Municipality (鄱阳 镇);
- Circle Yugan (余干县) 2,331 km², 895,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Yuting (玉亭镇);
- Wannian district (万年 县), 1,141 km², 365,000 inhabitants, main town: Chenying community (陈营镇);
- District Yanshan (铅山县), km² 2178, 413,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Hekou (河口镇);
- City of Dexing (德兴 市), 2,101 km², 304,000 inhabitants.
sons and daughters of the town
- Jiang Kanghu (1883–1954), politician and literary scholar