Susanna Jacobina Jungert
Live and act
Susanna Jacobina Jungert, daughter of the musician Paulus Betz and Elisabeth Betz b. Ochslin (also spelled Bez or Bezin) received musical incentives early on. On August 2, 1778, she married Andreas Jungert , the son of the head administrator, a trained tradesman and organist of the St. Ulrichs Church in Augsburg.
She was a student of the famous musician and composer Johann Gottfried Seyfert and gave numerous concerts in Augsburg between 1770 and 1780. She sang in several world premieres of works by Augsburg composers such as B. Johann Gottfried Seyfert (1731–1772), Johann Michael Demmler (cathedral organist, 1748–1785) and Friedrich Hartmann Graf (1727–1795) played one of the leading roles.
Because of her popularity she was asked to give further concerts in Augsburg. From a relative freedom of action she could z. B. on March 29, 1776 in the hall of the butchers' guild house Giovanni Battista Pergolesi's Stabat mater , or on November 4, 1777 the opera Isola d'Amore by Antonio Sacchini . She sold the tickets herself in her apartment on Schmiedgasse "next to the big Schmidte" (exact place of residence not known).
At the end of 30, Jungert decided to give singing lessons as well, and therefore commissioned several advertising articles in the Augsburg Intelligence = Zettel : three times a week she offered her audience group lessons in German and Italian singing, after (according to the advertising article) several Augsburg women had lessons in this Had requested division. From the years after 1780 until her death in 1799 nothing is known about her public or private life.
- Helmut Gier (Ed.): Paul von Stetten d. J. autobiography. The biography of the patrician and city clerk of the imperial city of Augsburg (1731–1808). Volume 1: The records for the years 1731 to 1792. Edited by Barbara Raikay and Ruth von Stetten, in: Helmut Gier (Ed.): Publications of the Schwäbische Forschungsgemeinschaft . Row 6. Travel reports and personal testimonials from Bavarian Swabia. Tape. 5.1. Wißner, Augsburg 2009. pp. 69-71. ISBN 978-3-89639-741-6 .
- Karl-Josef Kutsch , Leo Riemens : Large singer lexicon . 3rd ext. Edition Munich 1997, p. 1794. ISBN 978-3598115981 .
- Josef Mančal: On music and aspects of the music market of the 18th century as reflected in the Augsburg intelligence slip. P. 410, in: Josef Mančal ua (Ed.): Pressewesen der Aufklerung . Berlin 2001, pp. 391-432. ISBN 9783050036342 .
- Ernst Fritz Schmid : Mozart and the ecclesiastical Augsburg, in particular the Canon Monastery of the Holy Cross. In: Journal of the Historisches Verein für Schwaben , 55/56 (1942/43), pp. 40–202, here p. 121.
- EvKG Taufbuch Ortisei 1710-1809, July 2, 1741 No. 28; ibid. Barfüßer funeral book 1772–1801, p. 231.
- Paul von Stetten: Art, trade and handicraft history of the imperial city of Augsburg. UniBib Augsburg, Sign. 02 / IV.15.08.302-1, Document No. 566 (1779), p. 550.
- Art newspaper of the Imperial Academy in Augsburg , 14th, 15th and 16th piece, Mondays the 2nd and 9th and April 16, 1770, pp. 105–124. (SuStBA Aug 1363).
- Augspurgical intelligence = note. (Augsburg City Archives): Num. 44 November 3, 1777.
- Augspurgical intelligence = note. (Augsburg City Archives): Num. 24 June 14, 1779.
|SURNAME||Jungert, Susanna Jacobina|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Betz, Susanna Jacobina (baptismal name); Bez, Susanna Jacobina (baptismal name)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 2, 1741|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||augsburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 28, 1799|
|Place of death||augsburg|