Thilo Bode (environmentalist)
Thilo Bode (born January 14, 1947 in Eching am Ammersee ) is the founder and international director of the consumer protection organization Foodwatch and was previously managing director at Greenpeace for many years .
Bode is the son of the journalist Thilo Bode and a bookseller. After graduating from high school in 1966 at the Karlsgymnasium in Munich-Pasing , he founded the Juso local association in Herrsching am Ammersee and was Juso chairman in the Starnberg district . He first studied sociology at the universities of Munich and Regensburg , then switched to economics . After graduating with a degree in economics in 1972, he received a scholarship and in 1975 with a dissertation on direct investment to Dr. rer. pole. PhD. He then worked for Lahmeyer International in Frankfurt, for the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) Frankfurt and as an assistant to the board of a medium-sized metal company in Düsseldorf.
From 1989 to 1995 he was managing director of the German arm of the environmental organization Greenpeace and from 1995 to 2001 in the same position at Greenpeace International. In 2002 he founded the consumer protection organization Foodwatch e. V. and headed it as managing director. In April 2017 he handed over the management of foodwatch Germany to Martin Rücker and has been the director of foodwatch International ever since.
In addition, he regularly publishes articles on political science, for example in the papers for German and international politics .
- 2009: Social Entrepreneur of the Year - Germany , awarded by the Schwab Foundation
The Federal Minister of Agriculture Ilse Aigner (CSU), who was often criticized by Foodwatch for her consumer policy , accused Thilo Bode and the Foodwatch campaigns of living on "scandalization": "This is his business model to attract as many members and donations as possible." Campaigns that stir up a climate of uncertainty are questionable ”.
- Democracy betrays its children . Ex-Greenpeace boss challenges the powerful. DVA , Stuttgart / Munich 2003, ISBN 3-421-05679-X .
- Discontinued: How we are cheated when we eat and what we can do about it . S. Fischer , Frankfurt am Main 2007, ISBN 3-10-004307-3 .
- The food counterfeiters: What the food companies lie on our plates . S. Fischer, Frankfurt am Main 2010, ISBN 3-10-004308-1 .
- The free trade lie: Why TTIP only benefits corporations - and harms us all . DVA , Stuttgart 2015, ISBN 978-3-421-04679-6 .
- The Corporate Dictatorship: How Global Corporations Harm Us and Destroy Democracy . S. Fischer, Frankfurt am Main 2018, ISBN 978-3-10-397362-4 .
- Thilo Bode website
- Literature by and about Thilo Bode in the catalog of the German National Library
- Guerrilla. Portrait of Thilo Bode at brand eins , 01/2012
- Growth: is less more? Thilo Bode in conversation with Thomas Mayer, weltenwandler.tv, 10/2012
- Jürgen Neffe : "I can live without whales". Spiegel Online . In: Der Spiegel 38/1995. September 18, 1995, accessed September 13, 2018 .
- management at foodwatch in Germany
- Contributions by Thilo Bode , sheets for German and international politics
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year - Germany 2011. (No longer available online.) In: Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship. Archived from the original on June 26, 2012 ; Retrieved May 29, 2012 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Trouble for Aigner: Foodwatch: Even more poison in packaging , Der Tagesspiegel from December 4, 2012, accessed March 28, 2013
- Horse meat scandal: Foodwatch accuses Minister Aigner of deception , Focus dated February 18, 2013, accessed March 28, 2013
- Wirtschaftswoche, November 6, 2010.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German environmental and consumer advocate and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 14, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Eching am Ammersee|