Thorsten Schmitz studied political science and economics up to the intermediate diploma and graduated from the German School of Journalism in Munich . From 1992 reporter for the daily newspaper , later freelance work for GEO , Die Zeit and Frankfurter Rundschau . From 1998, Schmitz Israel - correspondent of Süddeutsche Zeitung (SZ). He has been back in Germany since 2009 and mainly writes for page three of the SZ.
Work and reception
Katja Klenk found in the Jewish online magazine Hagalil that Schmitz had succeeded in creating a “rousing portrait of a country and its inhabitants” and cites his encounters with the as examples of the anthology published by Picus Verlag in Vienna in 2000 with his reports from Israel Abraham Between the Worlds transsexual Grand Prix d'Eurovision winner Dana International and the Nazi hunter Efraim Zuroff . The book is "a little treasure" and draws such an "authentic picture of Israel" that in some chapters one believes "to perceive the colors, sounds, sights and aromas of the Holy Land".
- Literature by and about Thorsten Schmitz in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Short biography and reviews of works by Thorsten Schmitz at perlentaucher.de
- Axel Hacke : And now let's sing! The German School of Journalism turns fifty years old - when all the graduates join in the "Happy Birthday", it gets quite loud. Süddeutsche Zeitung, July 30, 1999
- https://www.sueddeutsche.de/kolumne/sz-werkstatt-deutschland-wie- 1.4043454
- Abraham between the worlds , hagalil, accessed October 18, 2019
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt am Main|