Cloth (in the plural: cloth) is a collective name or trade name for fabrics in canvas or cloth , twill and, more rarely, atlas or satin weave made from woolen woolen yarn or from worsted warp and woolen weft with a cloth finish (fulling, brushing and cutting back of the pile).
The rough pile, the concealed weave and the elegant sheen are the distinguishing features of the cloth. Highly crimped merino wool is often processed in mixtures with synthetic fibers (polyester fibers).
The cloths are named either according to the intended use (e.g. uniform cloth) or according to the binding (e.g. satin cloth) or according to the type of finish (e.g. melton cloth ).
The cloth is used for suits, costumes, coats and jackets.
In common parlance, made-up pieces of fabric, regardless of their material, are referred to as cloth (in the plural: cloths ). See also; Wipe , towel , headscarf , scarf , handkerchief . The term cloth (in the plural: cloth ) is often used colloquially for any type of textile.
List of cloth factories
- Cloth factory C. & F. Schnabel
- Schnabelsmühle cloth factory (Hückeswagen)
- Kk fine cloth factory Thys in Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
- Royal warehouse Berlin
- Cloth factory Müller Euskirchen
- Cloth factory Wilhelm Müller Cottbus
- Wool blanket factory because of the city
- Tuchmacherhof Offermann
- Hasselbach & Westerkamp cloth factory
- Cloth factory CS Elias Cottbus
- Scarf and cloth factory Anton & Alfred Lehmann
- Paul-August Koch, Günther Satlow: Large Textile Lexicon: Specialized lexicon for the entire textile industry. Vol. L - Z Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Stuttgart 1965, p. 517
- Thomas Meyer to Capellen: Lexicon of tissues. 3rd, expanded edition. Deutscher Fachverlag, Frankfurt am Main 2006, ISBN 3-87150-893-4 , p. 351
- Alois Kießling, Max Matthes: Textile - specialist dictionary. Fachverlag Schiele & Schön, Berlin 1993, ISBN 3-7949-0546-6 ; P. 386
- Fabia Denninger, Elke Giese: Textile and Model Lexicon . Vol. 2, LZ. 8th, completely revised and expanded edition. Deutscher Fachverlag GmbH, Frankfurt am Main 2006, ISBN 3-87150-848-9 , p. 729
- Bibliographisches Institut GmbH: Duden - German Universal Dictionary , Berlin 2015, ISBN 978-3-411-91171-4
- Types of cloth. In: Otto Lueger : Lexicon of the entire technology and its auxiliary sciences . tape 8 . Stuttgart / Leipzig 1910, p. 638-641 ( zeno.org ).