The Tuxerjochhaus in September 2008
|location||North-east below the Tuxer Joch ; State of Tyrol , Austria ; Valley location: Hintertux|
|Mountain range||Tux Alps|
|owner||ÖTK (main association)|
|Usual opening times||Late June to early October, December to April|
|accommodation||13 beds, 28 camps|
|Hut directory||ÖTK ÖAV DAV|
The Tuxerjochhaus is a refuge that is not managed all year round and is owned by the Vienna headquarters of the Austrian Tourist Club . It is located at an altitude of northeast of the Tuxer Joch in the Tux Alps in the Austrian state of Tyrol and in the ski area of the Hintertux Glacier , which is already in the Zillertal Alps . The hut can be reached from Hintertux or from Kasern at the end of the Schmirntal .
- from the Sommerbergalm cable car station approx. 1 hour
- from Hintertux approx. 2.5 hours
- from Kasern approx. 2 hours.
Transition to other huts
- Pfannköpfl (Reisköpfl) (2388 m) approx. 0.25 hour
- Hornspitze (2650 m) approx. 1 hour
- Frauenwand (2541 m) approx. 0.5 hours
- Lärmstange (2686 m) approx. 1.25 hours