Administrative divisions of Iran
The administrative structure of Iran takes place in four sub-levels.
The four levels are:
- The Iran is present in 31 provinces , the Ostan s ( Persian استان ostān , plural ostānhā /استانها) are called divided. Each provincial administration has a governor, the Ostandar (استاندار ostāndār ) is called before. This is appointed by the Interior Minister with the approval of the Cabinet. See: List of Provinces of Iran .
- The provinces are further subdivided into administrative districts, the Shahrestan (شهرستان/ schahrestān , pluralشهرستانها/ schahrestānhā ).
- The administrative districts are in turn divided into districts, the Bachschs ( bachsch /بخش, Plural بخشها/ bachschhā ) are divided.
- The circles are in cities ( Schahr /شهر) and (rural) communities that dehestan /دهستان/ dehestān , divided.
- Statistical data of Iran Statistical Center of Iran
- Babak Rezvani: Conflict and Peace in Central Eurasia. Towards Explanations and Understandings (= International Comparative Social Studies ). Brill, Leiden / Boston 2014, ISBN 978-90-04-27636-9 , pp. 96–97 (English, limited preview in Google Book Search).
- C. Edmund Bosworth: Dehestān . In: Ehsan Yarshater (ed.): Encyclopædia Iranica . Volume 7 (2), pp. 215–216, as of November 18, 2011, accessed on June 9, 2014 (English, including references)