Volker Hentschel (born January 29, 1944 in Aue , Saxony ) is a German economic and social historian and author of a biography about the German Federal Minister of Economics and Federal Chancellor Ludwig Erhard .
Volker Hentschel was born in Aue (Saxony) . After finishing secondary school in 1961, he trained as an industrial clerk. After military service (1964–1966), he obtained his Abitur in Cologne on a second educational path. From the winter semester 1968 onwards he studied business administration as well as economic and social history in Hamburg . In 1972 he graduated with a degree in Business Administration, in 1974, he was at the University of Hamburg with the work of the German free-trader and the economic Congress from 1858 to 1885 to the Dr. rer. pole. PhD. From 1974 to 1980 he was a research assistant at the Institute for Economic and Social History at Heidelberg University, where in 1978 he dealt with the work Economy and Economic Policy in Wilhelmine Germany: Organized Capitalism and Intervention State? qualified as a professor in modern history .
Since 1980 Volker Hentschel has been Professor of Economic and Social History at the University of Mainz . From 1989 to 1997 he was also a part-time professor associé at the Institut d'Allemand at the University of Paris III. He is a regular guest lecturer at the Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE) in Dalian (China).
Since 1999 he has been a board member of the Rhineland-Palatinate Future Initiative and in 2001 founded a further education course for managers at the University of Mainz. From May 2004 to August 2005 he was Vice President of the University of Mainz. On November 30, 2010 he was awarded the State Order of Merit by Kurt Beck, Prime Minister of Rhineland-Palatinate .
Works, publications, publications (selection)
- Ludwig Erhard: a politician's life . Ullstein, Berlin 1998, ISBN 3-548-26536-7 . (Unabridged edition)
- History of German Social Policy, 1880–1980: Social Security and Collective Labor Law (New Historical Library) . Suhrkamp, 1983, ISBN 3-518-11247-3 .
- Japan's road to global economic power: (1930–1983) . Steiner-Verlag-Wiesbaden-GmbH, Stuttgart 1986, ISBN 3-515-04684-4 .
- German economic and social policy: 1815–1945 . Athenäum-Verlag, Königstein / Ts. 1980, ISBN 3-7610-7233-3 .
- Prussia's controversial history: 1594–1945 . Droste, Düsseldorf 1980, ISBN 3-7700-0560-0 .
- So came Hitler: fateful years 1932–1933 . Droste, Düsseldorf 1980, ISBN 3-7700-0570-8 .
- Weimar's Last Months: Hitler and the Fall of the Republic . Droste, Düsseldorf 1978, ISBN 3-7700-0513-9
- Economy and economic policy in Wilhelmine Germany: organized capitalism and an intervention state? . Klett-Cotta, Stuttgart 1978, ISBN 3-12-910210-8 .
- Economic history of the Maschinenfabrik Esslingen AG 1846–1918: A historical-economic analysis . Klett, Stuttgart 1977, ISBN 3-12-910470-4 .
- The German Free Traders and the Economic Congress 1858–1885 . Klett, Stuttgart 1975, ISBN 3-12-903680-6 .
- Prussian Portraits: Between Revolution and Restoration . Lau-Verlag, Reinbek 2015, ISBN 978-3-95768-141-6 .
- ↑ Volker Hentschel receives the Order of Merit of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate for his outstanding scientific work and work
- Literature by and about Volker Hentschel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz ( Memento from February 28, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) - Professorship for Economic and Social History
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz - Executive MBA course
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economic and social historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 29, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aue , Saxony, Germany|