Wädenswil Vorder Au
Wädenswil Vorder Au is a prehistoric settlement in the middle basin of Lake Zurich in the area of the municipality of Wädenswil in the canton of Zurich in Switzerland . The site is part of the lakeside settlements in the Alpine region (UNESCO World Heritage Site) .
Location and findings
The remains of the settlement are on the left (western) bank of Lake Zurich in the vicinity of the Au peninsula . The lake level ( 406 m above sea level ) is higher than during the Stone and Bronze Ages due to climatic differences and the water correction; the site is therefore several meters below the surface of the water.
The finds of rare ceramics from a transition phase from the Pfyner to the Horgen culture are of particular importance . A so-called bell beaker from the cord ceramic layer allows insight into the relationships between the cultures with cord ceramics and with bell beakers . The early Bronze Age settlement phase is also important, as the “Arbon” ceramic type marked the spread of this style in the 17th century BC. Chr. Helps to track.
UNESCO World Heritage Site and Cultural Property of National Importance
The settlement remains are among the 111 sites with the greatest scientific potential that were included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites on June 27, 2011 as part of the lakeside settlements in the Alpine region .
In the Swiss inventory of cultural goods of national importance , the wetland settlement is listed as class A objects.
- Anne-Catherine Conscience: A new site in the "Vorderen Au" , in: Yearbook of the City of Wädenswil 1999, pp. 77-89.
- Peter Ziegler: Stilt houses in Wädenswil , in: Yearbook of the City of Wädenswil 2011, pp. 99-102.
- Underwater archeology of the city of Zurich: sites
- Swiss National Museum : special exhibition “The pile dwellers”, images of found objects
- ↑ a b UNESCO World Heritage Center website (June 27, 2011), press release Six new sites inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List , accessed on March 3, 2013
- ↑ a b http://www.palafittes.org/de/unesco-welterbe/fundstellen-schweiz/index.html Website palafittes.org: Swiss sites in the UNESCO World Heritage Site: '' Wädenswil – Vorder Au '' (CH-ZH -07)] (link not available)
- ↑ A-Objects ZH 2018 . Swiss inventory of cultural assets of national importance. In: babs.admin.ch / kulturgueterschutz.ch. Federal Office for Civil Protection FOCP - Department of Cultural Property Protection, January 1, 2018, accessed on March 3, 2013 (PDF; 163 kB, 32 pages, updated annually, no changes for 2018).
Coordinates: 47 ° 14 '52.3 " N , 8 ° 39' 12.3" E ; CH1903: six hundred and ninety-one thousand nine hundred sixty-two / 233705