Werner Liebmann (born March 15, 1951 in Königsthal ) is a German painter and graphic artist .
From 1969 to 1973 he studied chemistry at the Martin Luther University in Halle (Saale) . From 1973 to 1976 he worked as a project planning engineer. He confessed to his artistic inclination and gave up this profession.
He began 1976 to 1977 with a pre-study internship in painting with Willi Neubert in Thale, there was a branch for the pre-study internship at Burg Giebichenstein. From 1977 to 1982 he studied painting and graphics at Burg Giebichenstein (today the University of Art and Design) in Halle, and completed his diploma with Hannes H. Wagner as a supervisor. He then became a master class student with Bernhard Heisig at the Leipzig University of Graphics and Book Art from 1983 to 1986. From 1986 to 1992 he was an assistant in the basic course at the Dresden University of Fine Arts .
From 1992 to 1993 he was offered a professorship for painting at the HfBK Dresden. Since 1993 he has been professor of painting at the Berlin-Weißensee School of Art .
Even before the fall of the Wall in 1989, he could be seen in overview shows on GDR art. B. 1988 in the exhibition "Young Art from the GDR" in the Kunsthalle Wilhelmshaven (traveling exhibition), then in 1990 in the exhibition "New Territory: Art from East Germany" in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston . In 1990 he was also represented in the group exhibition “Ambiente Berlin” at the 44th Venice Biennale in the central pavilion.
In addition to participating in many exhibitions at home and abroad, he has had the following solo exhibitions:
- 1983: "Werner Liebmann '83" , Phillipp Müller cultural center, Halle
- 1984: “Personal exhibition Werner Liebmann” , cultural center of the trade unions, Halle
- 1986: "Werner Liebmann and Johannes Heisig : Art from the GDR" , Maschmann Gallery, Hamburg
- 1987: "Werner Liebmann: New Pictures" , gallery of the University of Fine Arts, Dresden
- 1989: “New Pictures by Werner Liebmann” , Maurer Gallery, Bern, Switzerland
- 1989: "Werner Liebmann, Painting" , Galerie Pankow , Berlin
- 1991: "Paul plays with light" , Galerie Brusberg , Berlin
- 1992: “Works on Paper” , Galerie am Markt, Halle
- 1993: "Werner Liebmann: Berlin '93" , Heffel Gallery, Vancouver, Canada
- 1994: "Werner Liebmann, new pictures" , Galerie Döbele, Stuttgart
- 1994: "Heideröslein" , Sindelfingen City Gallery , Sindelfingen
- 1995: "Werner Liebmann: Ceramics and Painting" , Wilfriede Maaß Gallery, Berlin
- 1995: "Liebmann: Pictures" , Art Academy Berlin-Weißensee, Berlin (inaugural exhibition)
- 1996: “It was only a moment” , Galerie Brusberg, Berlin
- 1996: "Werner Liebmann, new pictures" , Mersmann Gallery, Düsseldorf
- 1997: "Hidden Reality (Gouaches)" , Galerie Mitte, Dresden
- 1997: "Hidden Reality (Painting)" , Art'forum , Dresden
- 1998: “The Waiting of Women” , Werner Liebmann and Bernhard Heisig , Galerie Ebert, Darmstadt
- 1998: "Breakfast in the open air" , Galerie Berlin, Berlin
- 1999: "Werner Liebmann, painting, and Joachim Böttcher , sculpture" , Ludwig Gallery Schloss Oberhausen , Oberhausen
- 2000: "The Doll" , Fine Arts Gallery, Rostock
- 2000: "Weibsbilder" , Maschmann Gallery, Hamburg
- 2001: "Werner Liebmann" , Kloster Unser Lieben Frauen , Klostergalerie, Magdeburg
- 2001: " Berndt Wilde and Werner Liebmann" , gallery in the Zehntscheune, Bad Homburg
- 2002: "Luxembourg - Germany: Werner Liebmann" , Galerie 96, Luxembourg
- 2006: “The River” , Galerie Berlin, Berlin
- 2008: "The Tattooed Horse" - new paintings by Werner Liebmann , Maddox Arts, London
- 2010: “Kreuzspiegel” , Kleinsassen Art Station , Kleinsassen
- 2010: “New Pictures by Werner Liebmann” , Galerie Litera, Prague
- Werner Liebmann, Alexander Haeder (text): Miracles of fire: Werner Liebmann imagery . Edition q, Berlin 1991, ISBN 3-928024-27-2 .
- Werner Liebmann. 'Paul plays with light'. Pictures 1988 to 1991. Edition Brusberg, Berlin, 1991, ISBN 3-87972-073-8 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German painter and graphic artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 15, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Königsthal , Thuringia|