Willi A. Boelcke
Willi Alfred Boelcke (born September 20, 1929 in Berlin-Lankwitz ) is a German economic and social historian , publicist, author and essayist.
Boelcke was born the son of an entrepreneur in Berlin. While still at school, he was called in as a member of the Hitler Youth on the Kummersdorf-Gut shooting range .
From 1949 he studied history , German , economics and law at the Humboldt University of Berlin and at the Free University of Berlin . After his diploma in 1953 , he received his doctorate in 1955 and completed training for the higher archival service. Until 1959 he was a consultant at the German Central Archives in Potsdam , until 1962 a scholarship from the German Research Foundation . In 1967 he completed his habilitation at the University of Stuttgart-Hohenheim , where he had been professor of economic and social history since 1969.
His scientific work, which was reflected in over a hundred publications, mainly comprised four main research areas: the history of central Germany, the history of Baden-Württemberg, the economic history of the 19th and 20th centuries. Century as well as propaganda and mass media.
He lives in Mahlow today .
- The feudal manor in Upper Lusatia with special consideration of the 17th and 18th centuries. A contribution to the economic, social and legal history of the East Elbe manor village. Phil. Diss. HU Berlin 1955.
- Krupp and the Hohenzollern , Rütten u. Loening, Berlin 1956.
- Farmer and landlord in Upper Lusatia , Domowina, Bautzen 1957.
- The German attack on the Soviet Union in 1941 in the mirror of administrative history , In: Archive messages 7 (1957), pp. 141–150.
- War propaganda 1939–1941. Secret ministerial conferences in the Reich Propaganda Ministry . DVA, Stuttgart 1966, DNB 457297204 .
- Do you want total war? The secret Goebbels conferences 1939–1943 , DVA, Stuttgart 1967.
- Paths and research in agricultural history , DLG-Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 1967.
- The archival foundations of German broadcasting history , 1968.
- Constitutional change and economic structure , Holzner, Würzburg 1969.
- Facsimile cross section through Signal (together with Hans Dollinger ), 1969.
- Germany's Armaments in World War II - Hitler's Conferences with Albert Speer 1942–1945 , Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft Athenaion, Frankfurt am Main 1969, DNB 456445579 .
- Krupp and the Hohenzollern in documents. Krupp correspondence with emperors, heads of cabinet and ministers 1850–1918 . Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft Athenaion, Frankfurt am Main 1970. (Extended edition of the book from 1956).
- Goebbels and the rally in the Berlin Sports Palace on February 18, 1943 . In: Yearbook for the History of Central and Eastern Germany 19 (1970), pp. 234-255.
- The Third Reich's arms deals with Brazil . In: Tradition 16 (1971), pp. 177-200, 280-287.
- The "Seehaus" in Berlin-Wannsee . In: Yearbook for the History of Central and Eastern Germany 23 (1974), pp. 231-269.
- Changes in the German agricultural economy in the wake of the First World War . In: Francia 3 (1975), pp. 498-532.
- The power of the radio. World politics and international broadcasting 1924–1976 . Ullstein, Frankfurt a. M. 1977, ISBN 3-550-07365-8 .
- This is how the sea came to us. The Prussian-German Navy overseas, 1822–1914 , Ullstein, Frankfurt a. M./Berlin-West/Wien 1981.
- The black market 1945–1948. On survival after the war , Georg Westermann Verlag, Braunschweig 1986, ISBN 3-07-508814-5 .
- Economic history of Baden-Württemberg from the Romans to the present day , Theiss, Stuttgart 1987.
- Economy and social situations , In: Otto Borst (Ed.): The Third Reich in Baden and Württemberg , Theiss, Stuttgart 1988, pp. 29–45.
- Social history of Baden-Württemberg 1800–1989 , Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 1989.
- Millionaires in Württemberg. Origin - Rise - Traditions , DVA, Stuttgart 1997, ISBN 3-421-05110-0 (contains reprint: Rudolf Martin: Yearbook of the wealth and income of the millionaires in Württemberg with Hohenzollern , 1914).
- Literature by and about Willi A. Boelcke in the catalog of the German National Library
- ↑ Cf. Willi A. Boelcke: Germany's Armaments in the Second World War - Hitler's Conferences with Albert Speer 1942–1945 , Frankfurt am Main 1969, p. 4.
|SURNAME||Boelcke, Willi A.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Boelcke, Willi Alfred|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 20, 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|