Anthony Hamilton (snooker player)
|birthday||29th June 1971 (age 49)|
|place of birth||Nottingham|
|Nickname (s)||Sheriff of Pottingham, The Robin Hood of Snooker, Swampy|
|Prize money||(as of August 27, 2020)|
|Highest break||145 World Championship 1995 (qualification)|
|Century Breaks||(as of August 27, 2020)|
|Main tour successes|
|Ranking tournament victories||1|
|Minor tournament victories||-|
|Highest WRL place||10 ( 99/00 )|
|40 (as of August 17, 2020)|
Hamilton began his professional career in 1991.
In 1995 Hamilton won the Australian Open and the Australian Masters , neither of which were ranked tournaments. He made his first final on the Main Tour in 1999 at the British Open in Plymouth , but lost to Fergal O'Brien .
In 2002, after winning over Mark King , Quinten Hann , Ken Doherty and Mark Selby, he reached the finals of the China Open in Shanghai , which he lost to the then number 1, Mark Williams . In the same year he reached the semifinals of the World Snooker Championship . In 2006 he was in the semifinals of the Welsh Open, which he lost 5-6 against eventual tournament winner Stephen Lee .
After the 2015/16 season, he fell back to 71st place in the world rankings for the first time and thus missed the direct extension of his membership in the Main Tour. In the PTC tournaments that year, however, he had done so well that he was qualified as a professional for two more years via the “Order of Merit”.
Anthony Hamilton is known for his high breaks. He is the 16th player to have scored more than 100 century breaks. In the snooker scene , Hamilton is nicknamed “Sheriff of Pottingham” and “Robin Hood of Snooker” because of his characteristic beard and mustache - both of which are allusions to his hometown Nottingham. Another nickname is Swampy.
Until he won the German Masters in 2017 , after 26 years as a professional, Hamilton had the reputation of being the best snooker player who had never won a ranking tournament.
- Player profile on snooker virus (German) ( Memento from February 12, 2013 in the web archive archive.today )
- Anthony Hamilton in Snooker Database (English)
- Anthony Hamilton. In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards & Snooker Association , January 11, 2015, accessed July 28, 2015 .
- Career-total Statistics for Anthony Hamilton. Professional. In: CueTracker Snooker Results & Statistics Database. Ron Florax, accessed August 17, 2018 .
- Centuries by Anthony Hamilton in Season 1994-1995. In: CueTracker Snooker Results & Statistics Database. Ron Florax, accessed July 28, 2015 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||English snooker player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 29, 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nottingham , Nottinghamshire , England|