In Forbes magazine's 2007 400 list , Schwab ranks 57th among the richest people in the United States, with an estimated net worth of $ 5.5 billion.
Schwab received a BA in Economics from Stanford University in 1959 and an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business in 1961 . He is a member of the Stanford-based Beta Chi Chapter of the Sigma Ny fraternity . Schwab is the founder and CEO of Charles Schwab Corporation . Schwab lives with his wife Helen in Atherton , California.
Money and politics
According to a report in Mother Jones magazine , Schwab and his wife donated $ 393,500 to the Republicans in the 1998 election. Schwab calls for the privatization of social security accounts and is opposed to an electronic system in stock trading that allows investors to find the cheapest prices. Schwab is demanding further tax breaks for old-age provision.
- Charles R. Schwab, Chairman , résumé on the Charles and Helen Schwab Foundation website
- Forbes : The 400 Richest Americans . September 20, 2007
- Stanford Magazine: Charles Schwab's Secret Struggle ( Memento of the original from August 15, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . March / April 1999
- The New York Times : Executive Life; In Learning Hurdles, Lessons for Success . November 23, 2003
- Mother Jones : Donor Profile: Charles R. Schwab (with Helen O.) . March 5, 2001
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schwab, Charles Robert Jr.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American entrepreneur and philanthropist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 29, 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sacramento, California|