Christian Schneider (cultural scientist)
Christian Schneider (* 1951 in Hanover ) is a cultural scientist, social psychologist and executive coach in Frankfurt am Main , who conducts research in the field of tension between sociology , social psychology and psychoanalysis .
After studying philosophy , sociology, psychology and political science as well as receiving his doctorate under Oskar Negt , he pursued art studies in Italy for two years . He then worked at the Leibniz Research Library in Hanover and then became a lecturer at the University's Psychological Institute there. In 1989 he moved to the Sigmund Freud Institute in Frankfurt, where he received further psychoanalytical training as part of the “Research Analyst” curriculum he initiated (state recognition as a psychotherapist in 1993). He carried out research projects on the generation history of National Socialism , critical theory and dissident biographies in the Federal Republic and the former GDR . Schneider is considered to be the founder of the discipline “psychoanalytic generation history”. He completed his habilitation in 1997. Schneider teaches as a private lecturer at the University of Kassel . Since 2001 he has had a practice for psychoanalytic coaching. In 2009, his film Herrenkinder was premiered at the Hof Film Festival.
The legacy of Napola. Attempt at a generation history of National Socialism , Hamburg 1996 (with Cordelia Stillke and Bernd Leineweber)
- Paperback edition 2009, ISBN 978-3868542059
- Trauma and criticism. On the generation history of critical theory , Münster 2000 (with the same), ISBN 389691703X
- Identity and Power , Gießen 2002 (with Annette Simon, Heinz Steinert , C. Stillke), ISBN 3898061876
- Representations of the Holocaust. On the Present Significance of the Holocaust in Israel and Germany , Frankfurt 2004 (Ed. With Margit Frölich and Yariv Lapid)
- Evil in view. The present of National Socialism in the film (ed. With Margit Frölich and Karsten Visarius). Brandes & Apsel 2004, ISBN 3860993275
- Projections of Fundamentalism. Reflections and counter-images in film , Marburg 2008 (edited with M. Frölich and K. Visarius), ISBN 978-3894725037
- Felt victim. Illusions of coming to terms with the past (with Ulrike Jureit ). Klett-Cotta 2010, ISBN 978-3608946499
- Sahra Wagenknecht . The biography. Campus, Frankfurt am Main 2019, ISBN 978-3-593-50986-0 . (With 34 photos and references)
- Literature by and about Christian Schneider in the catalog of the German National Library
- Christian Schneider in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Christian Schneider at filmportal.de
- Taz: Portrait of a politician. In: www.taz.de. September 27, 2014, accessed September 28, 2014 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German cultural scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hanover|