life and work
Zorn graduated from secondary school in 2005. During his school days, he attended Catholic theology events at TU Dortmund University . He studied history and philosophy (BA) from 2006 to 2008 , and philosophy and general and comparative literature (MA) at the Ruhr University in Bochum from 2008 to 2010 . In 2015 he started work on reflective figurations a. a. PhD with Heidegger and Foucault , which received the award from the University of Eichstätt .
In recent years he has devoted himself to the practical and theoretical discussion of right-wing populism . This resulted in two books: Logic for Democrats and Talking With Rights , which he wrote together with Per Leo and Maximilian Steinbeis . The book has been described, among other things, as "training in dealing with populists" and as "a handout for argumentative handling of rights". In both works, it is argued that populist and totalitarian positions should not be taboo, but rather refuted in open discourse , pointing out their weaknesses and inconsistencies . The approach has been widely debated.
In his book The Secret of Violence. Why we can't escape it and what we can still do about it (2019), Zorn examines the phenomenology of hidden, not easily assignable acts of violence. For example, in personal relationships it is often in perspective who does violence to whom, be it through a lack of attention, paternalism or constant pressure of expectation. He advocates never prematurely accepting a single perspective .
- From building to scaffolding (Volume I). Draft of a comparative literature on reflexive figurations in philosophy , Logos , Berlin 2016, ISBN 978-3-8325-4033-3 .
- From building to scaffolding (Volume II). Reflexivity with Michel Foucault and Martin Heidegger - A comparison ( dissertation Catholic University Eichstätt-Ingolstadt 2014), Logos-Verlag, Berlin 2016, ISBN 978-3-8325-4034-0 .
- Logic for democrats. Instructions , Klett-Cotta , Stuttgart 2017, ISBN 978-3-608-96096-9 .
- Together with Per Leo and Maximilian Steinbeis: Talking with rights. A guide , Klett-Cotta, Stuttgart 2017, ISBN 978-3-608-96181-2 .
- Introduction to Philosophy , Klostermann , Frankfurt 2018, ISBN 978-3-465-04300-3 .
- Shooting Stars. Philosophy between Pop and Academy , Klostermann, Frankfurt 2019, ISBN 978-3-465-04398-0 .
- The secret of violence. Why we cannot escape it and what we can still do about it , 198 pp., Klett-Cotta, Stuttgart 2019, ISBN 978-3-608-96239-0 .
- Own blog : Justification.wordpress.com
- Philosophy magazine Hohe Luft : hoheluft-magazin.de
- Deutschlandfunk Essay and Discourse from December 2, 2018: Essay and Discourse. SprachKritik (4/4): Argue better
- Contributions by Daniel-Pascal Zorn for the weekly newspaper "Die Zeit"
- Prize winners 2015: Wiebe Pohler, Simon Falch and Dr. Daniel Pascal Zorn. Retrieved July 23, 2017 .
- Thomas Arnold: On Logical Phenomenology. In: http://et-al.ophen.org/ . Retrieved June 15, 2018 .
- Daniel-Pascal Zorn: Of course! In: High air. Retrieved June 15, 2018 .
- Christoph Schröder: Training for dealing with populists. In: book market . Deutschlandfunk, accessed on June 15, 2018 .
- Alex Rühle: Men against snowflakes. In: SZ.de. Süddeutsche Zeitung, accessed on June 15, 2018 .
- Ijoma Mangold: Visiting other planets. In: ZEIT online. Retrieved June 15, 2018 .
- Harald Staun: The populists are among us. FAZ, accessed on June 15, 2018 .
- Philosopher on psychological mechanisms: Hidden violence - and what we can do about it , deutschlandfunkkultur.de, September 22, 2019, accessed on the same date
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German philosopher and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1981|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|