After attending school at the Lyceum of Malta consisting of graduated Cospicua originating Piscopo a study of medicine at the Royal University of Malta , which he with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) and 1943 promotion to Doctor of Medicine (Medical Doctor (MD )) completed. He then worked as a doctor .
Piscopo began his political career in 1947 in the Association of the Malta Labor Party (MLP) in his native city of Cospicua and as a member of the National Executive Committee of the MLP. In 1950 he applied unsuccessfully as a candidate for the MLP for a seat in the House of Representatives . In the following year, however, he was elected for the first time as a member of parliament , in which he represented the interests of constituency 2 for two years . In 1953 he failed in his efforts for re-election, which he only succeeded in the following election in 1955 .
After Malta's independence in 1962, he was defeated in a renewed candidacy for the House of Representatives, so that he was only re-elected as a member of parliament in 1966 and re- elected in the 1971 and 1976 elections. Piscopo represented the interests of the MLP in constituency 2 until 1981.
After the MLP's election victory in 1971, Prime Minister Mintoff appointed him health minister in his cabinet . In October 1974, as part of a government reshuffle, he took over the post of Minister for Post, Electricity and Communications. He then became Minister of Tourism in the Cabinet of Prime Minister Mintoff in September 1976 and, in this role, in 1977 also campaigned in the Federal Republic of Germany to strengthen tourism in Malta. In October 1978 he resigned as minister.
After leaving parliament in 1981, he resettled as a general practitioner .
- Composition of the Maltese Parliament from 1921 to 2008 ( Memento from June 16, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) (archive version from June 16, 2011)
- Malta Elections: Candidate List, Part 3: Mizzi to Zrinzo
- MALTA ELECTION RESULTS ( Memento of the original from November 20, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- HAMBURGER ABENDBLATT January 18, 1977: How I HEAR ( Memento from August 8, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Medal to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the reintroduction of self-government (1996) ( Memento from April 16, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- "Il-President ta 'Malta jipprezenta Medalja Kommemmorattiva lit-Tabib Daniel Piscopo", DOI July 24, 1996
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Maltese politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 11, 1920|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cospicua|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 14, 2009|