Screenshot of the "It worked!" Page by Django
|developer||Django Software Foundation|
( August 4, 2020 )
Django is an open source web framework written in Python that follows a model-view-presenter scheme. It was originally developed to manage the Lawrence Journal-World news site and was released in July 2005 under a BSD license . It is named after the jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt .
In contrast to this, Django does not rely on an implicit, but on the explicit configuration of an application. This is reflected, for example, in the URL configuration, which is made explicitly with regular expressions and thus creates a mapping of a URL to a Python function. Other web frameworks often take the route of implicit URL mapping via directories and function names.
- Integrated object-relational mapping for the database systems MySQL , Oracle , PostgreSQL and SQLite
- Connection to other database systems (e.g. Db2 and Microsoft SQL Server ) via third-party backends
- automatically generated administration interface suitable for production
- flexible URL configuration with regular expressions
- extensive template language with inheritance support
- Internationalization support
- Cross-site scripting protection
- further modules that can be used as required:
Almost every feature of Django can be easily extended without changing the framework's original source code . For example, self-created modules can be loaded within templates in order to expand the scope of the template language. Django also allows you to create reusable applications that can be combined with one another as required.
Django runs on the Apache web server with mod wsgi or another WSGI compatible web server. It is also possible to run Django as FastCGI . Django also contains its own web server designed and tailored for the development.
Django Software Foundation
- Promoting the use of Django,
- Support its further development,
- Protection of intellectual property,
- Advance the state of the art in web development.
German Django Association
In December 2009 the German Django Association was founded. The association aims to promote communication between developers and users as well as the further development of Django in German- speaking countries. To this end, events and conferences are held and local groups are supported.
A number of applications and several thousand software libraries are based on Django, there is a list on the project page of djangopackages.org. The most important are Bikemap.net , Disqus , django CMS , Instagram , LINBO , Pixabay , Pootle and Seafile .
- TurboGears (Python Web Framework that uses SQLAlchemy as the ORM by default )
- web2py (Python Web Framework)
- Flask (Python Web Framework)
- Bottle (Python Web Micro Framework)
- Adrian Holovaty, Jacob Kaplan-Moss: The Definitive Guide to Django . Web Development Done Right. Apress, 2007, ISBN 978-1-59059-725-5 ( djangobook.com - This free book (under GFDL ) covers version 0.96.1 of Django.).
- Marty Alchin: Pro Django . Apress, 2008, ISBN 978-1-4302-1047-4 ( prodjango.com ).
- James Bennett: Practical Django Projects . 2nd Edition. Apress, 2009, ISBN 978-1-4302-1938-5 .
- Ayman Hourieh: Django 1.0 Website Development . 2nd Edition. Packt Publishing, 2009, ISBN 978-1-84719-678-1 ( packtpub.com/django-1-0-website-development-2nd-edition ).
- Scott Newman: Django 1.0 Template Development . Packt Publishing, 2008, ISBN 978-1-84719-570-8 ( packtpub.com/django-1.0-template-design-practical-guide ).
- Jeff Forcier, Paul Bissex, Wesley Chun: Python Web Development with Django . Addison-Wesley Professional, 2008, ISBN 978-0-13-235613-8 ( withdjango.com ).
- Project page (English)
- Django all-in-one installer (English)
- German Django Association eV
- Project page Django Packages
- www.djangobook.com .
- Release 3.1 . August 4, 2020 (accessed August 7, 2020).
- FAQ: General | Django documentation | Django. docs.djangoproject.com, accessed June 4, 2013 .
- How to install Django: Get your database running . Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- Django: contrib packages . Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- Writing your first Django app: The development server . In: Django Documentation . Archived from the original on August 19, 2013. Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Announcing the Django Software Foundation . Retrieved June 17, 2008.