Edeltraud Hanappi-Egger (* 1964 in Eisenstadt ) is an Austrian computer scientist and university professor . Hanappi-Egger is currently professor for “Gender and Diversity in Organizations” at the Vienna University of Economics and Business and has been the rector of that university since October 2015 .
Hanappi-Egger studied computer science at the Technical University of Vienna from 1982 to 1987 . She then went on to do a doctoral degree at the same university, with research stays in Sweden and Canada . In 1990 she received her doctorate and was immediately appointed as a lecturer at the Vienna University of Technology.
From 2002 to 2004 she taught as a visiting professor at the Vienna University of Economics and Business and took over the management of the “Gender and Diversity in Organizations” department. Since 2004 she has been a university professor for “Gender and Diversity in Organizations”. From 2006 to 2008 she was a member of the Senate of the Vienna University of Economics and Business, and from 2008 she was also a university advisor at the Technical University of Graz . In December 2009 she took over the chairmanship of the CEMS Faculty Group “Gender and Diversity Management”. From 2012 Hanappi-Egger was head of the department for management and until 2013 also program director for the master’s program.
She was chair of the Association of Professors at WU and the Senate of WU Vienna. In addition, Hanappi-Egger works on numerous projects such as "Global Value - Assessing the Impacts of Multinational Corporations on Global Development and Value Creation", which is carried out in cooperation with the Competence Center for Sustainability.
On January 26, 2015, it was announced that she will succeed Christoph Badelt and become rector of the Vienna University of Economics as of October 1, 2015 . In June 2018 she was re-elected by the Senate and University Council for a second term of office until September 2023.
From June 2016 to December 2017 Hanappi-Egger was Vice President of the Austrian University Conference .
In December 2017, her project "uLiKe - Developing University Performance Assessment in Context" was awarded the Diversitas State Prize. In this project, a relative performance assessment is being developed, which is now used for tenders at the Vienna University of Economics and Business. The publication performance is assessed in the context of the respective biography. The research output is set in relation to the “academic age” - the scientific years after completing the doctorate.
- Literature by and about Edeltraud Hannapi-Egger in the catalog of the Austrian National Library
- Literature by and about Edeltraud Hanappi-Egger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Hanppi-Egger
- Edeltraud Hanappi-Egger in the AcademiaNet database of renowned scientists
- CV of Edeltraud Hanappi-Egger on the website of the ÖH-WU ( Memento from March 17, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- "Hanappi-Egger: First Rector for the Business University" ; In: "Die Presse" from January 26, 2015
- derStandard.at - Oliver Vitouch new President of the University Conference, WU Rector Hanappi-Egger Deputy . Article dated June 6, 2016, accessed June 13, 2016.
- Ruth Hutsteiner: Vocation motto : Performance is relative. In: science.orf.at. January 5, 2017. Retrieved April 28, 2018 .
- derStandard.at - Hanappi-Egger: "University members experience a lot of frustrations" . Article of January 30, 2015, accessed on January 30, 2015.
- Edeltraud Hanappi-Egger and Klaus Heidegger are the “Tyroleans of the year 2016” . OTS announcement of October 7, 2016, accessed on September 13, 2018.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Egger, Edeltraud (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Eisenstadt|