Elisabeth Fehrenbach studied history and German in Cologne and Freiburg . She received her doctorate in 1967 from Theodor Schieder in Cologne. The habilitation took place in 1973 at the University of Gießen with a thesis on the introduction of the Code Napoléon in the states of the Rhine Confederation . Fehrenbach worked in Giessen from 1973 to 1979 as a professor of modern and contemporary history. From 1979 until her retirement in 2003, she taught as a professor of modern history at the Saarland University in Saarbrücken. In 1991/1992 she was a research fellow at the Historisches Kolleg in Munich. Fehrenbach published numerous works on the history of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- From the Ancien Régime to the Congress of Vienna (= Oldenbourg floor plan of history . Vol. 12). 5th edition. Oldenbourg, Munich 2008, ISBN 3-486-58587-8 .
- Constitutional State and Nation-Building, 1815–1871 (= Encyclopedia of German History . Vol. 22). 2nd edition expanded to include a supplement. Oldenbourg, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-486-58217-8 .
- Nobility and bourgeoisie in the German Vormärz (= writings of the historical college. Lectures. Vol. 36). Historisches Kolleg Foundation, Munich 1994 ( digitized version ).
- Traditional society and revolutionary law. The introduction of the Code Napoléon in the states of the Rhine Confederation (= critical studies on historical science . Vol. 13). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1974, ISBN 3-525-35964-0 (at the same time: Gießen, University, habilitation paper, 1972/73); 3rd edition 2011, ISBN 978-3-525-35964-8 .
- Changes in the German Emperor's Thought, 1871–1918 (= Studies on the History of the Nineteenth Century. Vol. 1). Oldenbourg, Munich et al. 1969 (at the same time: Cologne, university, dissertation).
- Political upheaval and social movement. Selected essays on the history of France and Germany in the 19th century. Edited by Hans-Werner Hahn and Jürgen Müller . Oldenbourg, Munich 1997, ISBN 3-486-56326-2 .
- Nobility and bourgeoisie in Germany 1770-1848 (= writings of the Historical College. Colloquia. Vol. 31). Oldenbourg, Munich 1994, ISBN 3-486-56027-1 ( digitized ).
- Literature by and about Elisabeth Fehrenbach in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short entry (PDF; 578 kB)
- Cf. the review by Werner Schubert in: Zeitschrift der Savigny-Stiftung für Rechtsgeschichte, Germanistische Department 93, 1976, pp. 454–461.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 24, 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dusseldorf|