Felix Lindner, son of a pastor, passed his Abitur in 1868 in the Silesian town of Bunzlau and then began studying modern languages. During his studies in 1868 he became a member of the Arminia Breslau fraternity . After a few semesters at the Universities of Breslau and Berlin , he went to Spring Hill College Moseley in Birmingham in 1871 for a one-year study visit. After his return he received his doctorate in Rostock in 1872 with a thesis on the relations between Ortnit and Huon de Bordeaux . The state examination followed at the University of Breslau in 1873; In Rostock, Lindner completed his habilitation in the same year with a thesis on the prefix a in English .
In 1873 he became a teacher at the large city school in Rostock. At the same time he began to teach as a private lecturer at the University of Rostock. There he became an associate professor in 1891. In 1906 he gave up teaching at the school.
Lindner was a member of the examination commissions for candidates from the higher education authority and for senior teachers. From 1897 he was director of the English seminar at the University of Rostock.
- In other sources Bunzlau (Silesia) is mentioned as his place of birth.
- Hugo Böttger (ed.): Directory of the old fraternity members according to the status of the winter semester 1911/12. Berlin 1912, p. 122.
- Felix Lindner: About the relations of Ortnit to Huon de Bordeaux. Univ.-Buchdr. von Adler's Erben, 1872, p. 1 ( limited preview in Google book search)
- Franz Pfeiffer: Germania. JB Metzler, 1874, p. 128 ( limited preview in Google book search)
- Felix Lindner in the Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium, URL: http://purl.uni-rostock.de/cpr/00002934 (accessed on June 24, 2018)
- Literature about Felix Lindner in the state bibliography MV
- Entry on Felix Lindner in the Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lindner, Max Arthur Wilhelm Felix|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Anglist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 4, 1849|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Oils|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 31, 1917|
|Place of death||Rostock|