Hugo Böttger (born July 21, 1863 in Osnabrück , † February 17, 1944 in Berlin ) was a German publicist, member of the Reichstag and fraternity functionary .
Live and act
He studied economics and political science in Jena , Berlin and Tübingen and became a member of the Jena fraternity Arminia on the Burgkeller . After completing his studies, he turned to journalism , in 1890 became chief editor of the Hildesheimer Allgemeine Zeitung , and in 1896 of the Berliner Tälichen Rundschau .
In 1898 he was in Leipzig for Doctor of Philosophy PhD and took over the same year the editor of the fraternity Autumnal leaves , which he held until the 1,921th He was the editor of the Burschenschaftliche Schriften (1900–1914) and was also active in politics and journalism.
With his violent criticism of the Center Party, Böttger was considered a typical representative of anti- ultramontanism .
Böttger was a member of the German Reichstag from 1903 to 1906 for the Hanover 19 constituency (Neuhaus-Geestemünde), and from 1912 to 1918 for the Duisburg-Mülheim-Oberhausen constituency, each as a representative of the National Liberal Party , of which he was a board member from 1913.
In the period from 1915 to 1925 he also held the office of chairman of the Academic Aid Association .
- Manual for the German fraternity. Berlin 1912 (as editor).
- Helge Dvorak: Biographical Lexicon of the German Burschenschaft. Volume I: Politicians. Sub-Volume 1: A-E. Winter, Heidelberg 1996, ISBN 3-8253-0339-X , p. 115.
- Gunnar Anger: Böttger, Hugo. In: Biographisch-Bibliographisches Kirchenlexikon (BBKL). Volume 28, Bautz, Nordhausen 2007, ISBN 978-3-88309-413-7 , Sp. 130-151.
- ^ Fritz Specht, Paul Schwabe: The Reichstag elections from 1867 to 1903. Statistics of the Reichstag elections together with the programs of the parties and a list of the elected representatives. 2nd Edition. Carl Heymann Verlag, Berlin 1904, p. 132.
- ↑ Imperial Statistical Office (Ed.): The Reichstag elections of 1912 . Issue 2. Berlin: Verlag von Puttkammer & Mühlbrecht, 1913, p. 94 (Statistics of the German Reich, Vol. 250)
- Literature by and about Hugo Böttger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Hugo Böttger in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Hugo Boettger's biography . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German publicist and politician, MdR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 21, 1863|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Osnabrück|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 17, 1944|
|Place of death||Berlin|