Franz-Georg Rips (born April 1, 1949 in Balve , Sauerland ) is a German local politician . From May 2007 to June 2019 he was President of the German Tenants' Association and from 2009 to 2012 Mayor of the city of Erftstadt .
Rips went to school in Menden (Sauerland) and graduated from the Walram-Gymnasium in Menden, after which he studied law in Cologne. From 1977 to 1994 the lawyer worked as a lawyer in Cologne. The social democrat has been a member of the advisory board of the Cologne Tenants' Association since 1986, and has been a member of the board of directors since 1994 and is also an honorary member of the Erftstadt-Frauenthal Foundation .
From 1979 to 2004 he was a member of the city council of Erftstadt and from 1992 to 1994 honorary mayor of Erftstadt. In 2003 he was awarded a Dr. jur. PhD. From 1995 to 2008 he was director of the German Tenants' Association.
Franz-Georg Rips is managing director of DMB-Verlag and board member of DMB Rechtsschutz-Versicherung AG . He is also honorary chairman of the board of directors of the Federation of German Consumer Organizations and deputy member of the board of trustees of Stiftung Warentest .
On August 30, 2009, the SPD member Rips became mayor of the city of Erftstadt with a narrow majority over Volker Erner (CDU). He followed Ernst-Dieter Bösche , also SPD, as mayor of the city. On December 20, 2012, Rips announced his resignation as mayor at the end of the year for health reasons. Volker Erner was elected as his successor on June 9, 2013.
Rips is married to the teacher Gerlinde Rips and has two grown children.
- 2004: Schmidt-Futterer Prize of the German Tenancy Court Conference
- Accessibility according to § 554a BGB. A new legal institute in tenancy law and its classification in general German law. DMB-Verlag, Berlin 2003, ISBN 3-933091-50-0 (also: Bremen, Universität, Dissertation, 2003).
- with Norbert Eisenschmid and Dietmar Wall: Comment on operating costs. Sections 556, 556a, 560 BGB, Operating Costs Ordinance, Living Space Ordinance. DMB-Verlag, Berlin 2004, ISBN 3-933091-47-0 (2nd edition. Ibid 2006, ISBN 3-933091-59-4 ; 3rd edition. Ibid 2010, ISBN 978-3-933091-85-7 ) .
- with Holger Gautzsch: Hartz IV. Accommodation and heating costs. DMB-Verlag, Berlin 2009, ISBN 978-3-933091-78-9 .
- Literature by and about Franz-Georg Rips in the catalog of the German National Library
- Biography on the website of the German Tenants' Association
- Board of Trustees: The committee members , Stiftung Warentest (accessed online on April 1, 2012)
- Mayor Dr. Franz-Georg Rips resigns. ( Memento of the original from December 23, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. erftstadt.de, December 20, 2012.
- Erftstadt mayor resigns. Kölner Stadtanzeiger, December 20, 2012.
- Wolfgang Kirfel: Election in Erftstadt: Volker Erner becomes mayor . In: Kölnische Rundschau . ( rundschau-online.de [accessed on November 12, 2017]).
- Dr. Franz-Georg Rips: German Tenancy Court Day honors outstanding scientific monograph. German Tenancy Court Conference, 2004, accessed on November 12, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer, director of the German tenants' association|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 1, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Balve , Sauerland|