Franz Burger (politician)
Burger attended elementary school in Zeil, trained in agriculture and then worked as a farmer. From 1881 to 1906 he was mayor of his hometown. In 1912 he received the title of economics councilor . From 1869 to 1919, until the end of the monarchy, he was a member of the Chamber of Deputies (Bavaria) for the Bavarian Patriot Party, and since 1887 the Bavarian Center Party. He was a representative of the conservative wing of the Patriot Party and on January 21, 1871, voted against Bavaria's accession to the German Empire . In 1886 he was a member of the twelve-man committee of the state parliament to assess the incapacitation of Ludwig II. From 1882 to 1918 he was a member of the parliamentary group committee of the Center Party in the state parliament. For the Catholic Center Party he was a member of the Reichstag for the constituency of Lower Franconia 5 Schweinfurt from 1884 to 1890 and from 1893 to 1898. In 1893 he was a co-founder of the Christian Farmers' Association for the Lower Franconia district and neighboring areas , of which he was chairman until 1920, and in 1891 he was one of the initiators of the nationwide Bavarian Christian Farmers' Association, of which he was chairman from 1913 to 1920.
- Bernd Haunfelder : Member of the Reichstag of the German Center Party 1871–1933. Biographical handbook and historical photographs (= photo documents on the history of parliamentarism and political parties. Volume 4). Droste, Düsseldorf 1999, ISBN 3-7700-5223-4 , p. 31 (image), p. 138-139.
- Official manual of the Bavarian Parliament. Munich 1912 (with picture)
- Franz Burger in the parliamentary database at the House of Bavarian History
- Burger, Franz in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Franz Burger's biography . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
- Hermann Mauer, Josef Barth, Konrad Hamm, Josef Gaßner, Rudolf Winkler: Chronik der Stadt Zeil am Main , Volume 2, editor: Stadt Zeil am Main, 1975, p. 81.
- Fritz Specht, Paul Schwabe: The Reichstag elections from 1867 to 1903. Statistics of the Reichstag elections together with the programs of the parties and a list of the elected representatives. 2nd Edition. Carl Heymann Verlag, Berlin 1904, p. 213.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (center), member of the Bavarian Chamber of Deputies, MdR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 28, 1836|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Zeil am Main , Lower Franconia|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 8, 1920|
|Place of death||Zeil am Main|